Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PET Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2018
Ok so I hatched a desert mammoth in the hatching kiosk so I can get the spell. I already knew I couldn't breed with a regular mammoth because it's ice wizards only. But the problem is it won't let me use the spell, I had a total of 12 pips and the card itself is only 9, can someone help me?

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
landonPalmr on Sep 29, 2019 wrote:
Ok so I hatched a desert mammoth in the hatching kiosk so I can get the spell. I already knew I couldn't breed with a regular mammoth because it's ice wizards only. But the problem is it won't let me use the spell, I had a total of 12 pips and the card itself is only 9, can someone help me?
So I assume that your wizard isn't Ice since then you would just use a mammoth, so did you have an Ice Mastery amulet on? Because if not then the mammoth spell is essentially worthless to you since power pips only count for your own school's spells, and so you cannot cast any spells from other schools that cost 8 or more pips unless you have the appropriate Mastery amulet equipped.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You said you had 12 pips correct?

What school are you?

If that's the case, the spell should still work; it should still show up usable instead of grey within your hand.