Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the pet derby a waste of space?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2014
I'd love the see everyone's feedback on this one!!!

first thing first what's the pet derby? The pet derby is a place where your pets can race and use special talents to try and gain speed or trip up your enemy racers. Sounds fun? well good luck trying to get a fair match or even a match! It took me hours to get into one match for the derby and it was all low level pets so I had a huge advantage. Honestly I love the idea of pet racing but I don't see enough players trying it out what's your feedback?

Survivor
Jul 02, 2018
I finally got my pet old enough to race and there is never anyone wanting too race? It looks like a lot of fun though. I got to do one race so far. It seems as if most want to Hatch new pets right now. I wish they would start a Racing Contest and offer special Treasure Cards, that would get Wizards into racing their Pets.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Yeah currently there's like zero incentive to do pet races. Maybe if they dropped cool TC or rare reagents that'd help a bunch.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The Pet Derby was extremely popular back when it was first introduced in the first major pet update of the game.

Now, fast forward to now and the derby is practically empty.

Why? Well the lack of attention and interest has all dissipated.

There's no reason to participate in the activity anymore.

An overhaul in potential reward systems could solve this however.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
My sentiments go with Star Edward. There were times when the Pet Derby was showcased (Remember Vanessa MythDust's famed Snowball Races?), but there's not much focus on it nowadays. Are there badges for racing? That would be an incentive, at least for W101 completionists.