Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upcoming Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
I've been following this post since the beginning checking twice a week or so - I am disappointed that my year membership has been pretty much wasted and that we have been strung along for so long.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I switched to Catalina recently and thought that "Hey, everyone probably just updated" so I decided that I'd check in with the forums in a month or so. Seeing that this update has taken well over 9 Months leaves me kinda doubtful that we're getting it anytime soon. Not like I'm the most optimistic, since Wizard101 has only come out with new things to buy with Crowns in the meantime while we're stuck in this Quarantine.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2013
can we at least have a date? I can't believe im having to wait over half a year for something we've known was going to happen over a year ago.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
We need a date for the update...

Survivor
Mar 12, 2016
I have Catalina and I just use Crossover to play. It’s not ideal but it does work pretty seamlessly so for those who have Catalina try installing crossover.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2013
This is getting silly. I have auto pay every month for my membership and I can't even play the game. How much longer is it going to be man?

Survivor
Jul 11, 2018
disappointed that this update has taken months to arrive. still nothing and we are almost into April! glad I canceled my membership.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
i really really miss playing this game

Survivor
Feb 03, 2011
I have Catalina and it's working on my computer!

Administrator
VegetarianKevin on Mar 30, 2020 wrote:
I have Catalina and it's working on my computer!
Glad to hear! We put out a fix today but haven't officially announced it until we're sure that all of you have had a positive experience with the fix.

Please let us know if anything odd occurs that hasn't normally with the game previously. This includes how the game itself behaves, but also how the computer may react to it as well.

If you have anything to report, please also add your mac model and specific Catalina OS version so we know what version you have.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Hey everyone! Tried downloading it today thanks to some help from twitter and it works perfectly on Mac! So far no problems at all!!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2020
Sparck on Mar 30, 2020 wrote:
Glad to hear! We put out a fix today but haven't officially announced it until we're sure that all of you have had a positive experience with the fix.

Please let us know if anything odd occurs that hasn't normally with the game previously. This includes how the game itself behaves, but also how the computer may react to it as well.

If you have anything to report, please also add your mac model and specific Catalina OS version so we know what version you have.

Thanks!
So the game is working now?

Survivor
Dec 20, 2013
OMG -- it's Back!! Just downloaded it after seeing the last couple of posts, and it looks beautiful! IDK if it's the new version or my new Mac, but it seems to be very crisp-looking, and running more smoothly than I remember it.

I did have to download it twice, though. First, I just went to the regular download page, but after I installed it I got an Error Msg saying that Apple couldn't verify it, so it wouldn't open. So then I went to the <https://www.wizard101.com/game/download-mac> download page and DL'd it again. This time it opened and installed without a hitch, so people have to be directed to that page to get the Mac version.

Since it's so late, I really haven't tried to play -- will get on tomorrow and check it out.

I still think, however, that KI should credit Mac players with the time we paid for and were unable to play. They could just extend our accounts with the extra time. And considering that we're all self-isolating at home, and all the streaming networks (Disney+, CBS All-Access, Hulu, etc) are stepping-up and giving free months of service, etc, it really would be the Right Thing to Do.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Jehlyy on Mar 31, 2020 wrote:
So the game is working now?
I have the Catalina update on my MacBook Pro and I just downloaded it... works for me!!!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Glad to hear people have been able to play again!... We may have hordes of people storming the Catacombs again. Look out, Druids!

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
GUYS, You can play wizard101 on MAC using windows through bootcamp, basically you can install windows on your mac and you have the option to swap between windows and mac os at the push of a button. I've been using it with out any issues and when I'm done playing wizard I just boot back up into mac os and do whatever I want over there. It doesn't take long to set up and the program which it runs through is pre installed on Mac's so its not violating any mac rules. Just do a simple YouTube search about "How to install windows on mac with bootcamp" and there are a number of youtube videos out there on it. I'm currently writing this on my mac but using the windows browser, it works well and I have no complaints, go check it out!!!

Survivor
Jan 04, 2013
Am i the only one where whenever i open the game, two different wizard101 applications open and one of them is labeled wine32on64 or smtg like that?

Survivor
Mar 19, 2020
Hey I have dowloaded the wizard 101 game on Mac and I am relieved that Mac is finally playing this game but their are some problems with the game. It can't right click card for I could pull out the treasure card and for some reason 2 wizard 101 applications come out when I run the game. I am happy that king isle brought out the game but it need some fixes now and they should keep progressing the updates. I love the color output it is having and its beautiful display. Please fix the bugs and glitches as soon as possible.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2013
Now that I've had a chance to play, I'm also having some major issues -- it's very, very slow, for one thing, and it's lagging terribly.

I sometimes have to click on a spell several times to launch it, and sometimes, in the middle of a battle, the game just stops responding, so that several minutes of the game go by and I don't even see what's happening, then it all catches up. I also have to fly through wisps about 10 times before they will respond.

I'm running Catalina OS 10.15.4, on a MacBook Air: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5.8 GB RAM.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
OK, as a long-time Mac user, I have been very vocal on these boards about the atrocious Mac gameplay experience, but I must say, the new update (although way too long in the making) IS AMAZING. Lag is gone, enchanting spells has minimal delay, I am no longer last to every sigil, transitions from area to area and realm to realm has been cut from 10-30 seconds down to 2-4. I cannot tell you how much more of a pleasure it finally is to play this game.

Please work hard to maintain this speed! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
2Chihuahuas on Apr 1, 2020 wrote:
Now that I've had a chance to play, I'm also having some major issues -- it's very, very slow, for one thing, and it's lagging terribly.

I sometimes have to click on a spell several times to launch it, and sometimes, in the middle of a battle, the game just stops responding, so that several minutes of the game go by and I don't even see what's happening, then it all catches up. I also have to fly through wisps about 10 times before they will respond.

I'm running Catalina OS 10.15.4, on a MacBook Air: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5.8 GB RAM.
'sigh' Extreme lagging is to be expected, honestly. It did JUST come out.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2011

it could be lagging because of the amount of players on due to the quarantine. I was experiencing lagging before I updated my Mac to Catalina and was still playing on Mojave.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011

I advise all of you to partition your drive as a Windows machine and play wizard101 on there. This is not Kingsisle’s fault, as Mac’s are just absolutely terrible to play games on.

Playing on windows has made my gameplay so much better and the graphics are even more beautiful anyway. You don’t have to change your device, just the operating system. You can find some tutorials online using boot camp and a free Windows 10 iso from the Microsoft website. Boot camp is an Apple program, so none of it is unsafe. Totally worth the extra effort.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2019
Hey there!

I'm not sure if this is because of the Catalina Update or not, but I'm having trouble logging in. I just downloaded the launcher again after seeing that the patch had been made, but every time I login I get an "Oops! The page you are looking for can not be found." It's not due to a wrong password (as it works on the website itself). I'm going put the screenshot as an attached link: imgur.com/a/pBqerRG.

Thanks!

Administrator
lcgcndxry on Apr 1, 2020 wrote:
Hey there!

I'm not sure if this is because of the Catalina Update or not, but I'm having trouble logging in. I just downloaded the launcher again after seeing that the patch had been made, but every time I login I get an "Oops! The page you are looking for can not be found." It's not due to a wrong password (as it works on the website itself). I'm going put the screenshot as an attached link: imgur.com/a/pBqerRG.

Thanks!
Please contact support and we'll be happy to help investigate: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game