Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New player here, tips on farming levels & gold?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2019
I'm trying to avoid spending money on crowns/membership (but bought a mount just to get around a little quicker). I'm currently a level 16 necromancer.
I'm really new to this game, joined 3 days before now. Heard of it some years ago but didn't bother trying it out.
Well, now I'm kind of addicted and trying to level up fast.

So far it seems I need to spend money to get to the good stuff. I've been getting the maximum amount of free crowns every night.

So, any tips? Or am I just going to have to wait it out until I have a lot of crowns?

Administrator
Zenystyrkur on Sep 5, 2019 wrote:
I'm trying to avoid spending money on crowns/membership (but bought a mount just to get around a little quicker). I'm currently a level 16 necromancer.
I'm really new to this game, joined 3 days before now. Heard of it some years ago but didn't bother trying it out.

So far it seems I need to spend money to get to the good stuff. I've been getting the maximum amount of free crowns every night.

So, any tips? Or am I just going to have to wait it out until I have a lot of crowns?
Welcome Zenyth to the Spiral! What's amazing about this community is how much they help each other out.

I am sure that someone here will respond shortly with some great tips for you :).

Have fun playing!!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Definitely join the kiosk when you can. It's by the Bazaar in old town.

The Bazaar sells second-hand (but 'like new' ) gear and household items, and also other things (seeds, etc.)

When you join a team up via the kiosk, if you feel unsure of your abilities, you can try to hang back a bit to be in the fourth spot (doesn't always work.) But you will probably get something at the end of the battle. Whatever it is, you can usually sell it at the Bazaar for some gold.

Also, there are gold chests all over. Pick up stray gold by clicking those.

Good luck.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2019
Zenystyrkur on Sep 5, 2019 wrote:

dungeons drop great gear. side quests are a great way to level up and get stronger both by exp, gear and new spells. some even give mounts and house items. best ways for gold are fishing and sell extra fish, garden and sell things your plants give you, selling extra gear at bazaar. you d not have to pay to get great gear. the gear from olympus is awesome. you can also redo most dungeons for extra loot. good luck and find me in game :)
Molly RainWalker

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Fishing is a great way to make gold. Even if you only train the spells available in Wizard City, you can catch fish that sell for quite a bit. If you get energy jewels from NPCs or bosses, socket them to boost your energy.

As for crowns, you seem to have the right idea re: free crowns each day. I waited for a 6-month membership sale, and bought that, just for convenience. But I quested through Celestia on a life wizard eons ago with no crowns gear and a pet without resist.

I have a level 17 balance wizard if you'd like some company questing.

See you in the spiral!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to both the Game & Forums!

Firstly, I highly suggest reading this guide provided by one of KI's official fansites.

It is a beginner's guide loaded with vital information I'm sure you will find useful.

https://finalbastion.com/other-w101-guides/ultimate-wizard101-beginner-account-guide/

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Quite a bit of 'the good stuff' can actually be dropped. You'll find very few such instances early on, but as you go on in the story, you'll be able to go to places where there's a chance for it to drop! If there's anything in particular you're looking for, say it and I'll see what I know.

Glad to see you in the Spiral Zenyth! (looks like that's your nickname now ) If there's anything else you want to know, please feel free to ask here! We'd would be happy to give you advise and suggestions, or even meet up in game if you want help! (though not me personally, I'm horrible with time. )