Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Creatures in Firecat Ally

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Kingsisle, Since you revanp Firecat Ally do to red and orange colors on the streets, the creatures and their overhead names are camaflouged in. I accidentally get myself in to battle more than I want to. Will you please do things to the creatures so they are noticable to see?

Administrator
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 3, 2019 wrote:
Kingsisle, Since you revanp Firecat Ally do to red and orange colors on the streets, the creatures and their overhead names are camaflouged in. I accidentally get myself in to battle more than I want to. Will you please do things to the creatures so they are noticable to see?
This is a great point. The contrast here might depend on your monitor as well, which we should account for in the UI design. For now, have you tried adjusting the game's settings?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Sparck on Sep 4, 2019 wrote:
This is a great point. The contrast here might depend on your monitor as well, which we should account for in the UI design. For now, have you tried adjusting the game's settings?
I'll try that, Thanks

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I hadn't noticed that but I think I might have some thing turned off.

Some subtitles on films and TV are like that. They are in white with no background, so you can only read them in dark scenes. Or vice versa.

When you can modify the subtitle text, I usually pick a light color like sky blue or bright yellow, use a grey or black background, and a black outline on the lettering. That seems to work well. But sometimes, the text is on the video permanently, if it's done by the film company and it can't be changed.

Maybe a light color with a black outline?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Sparck on Sep 4, 2019 wrote:
Spark, I tried making adjustments on my moniter but didn't help. The ceatures and their overhead names remains camouflaged specially Magna Men.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
@Spark, the same is also true on Triton Ave. It is now so dark that some of the creatures there are very hard to see.

Normally, I would not have been there but Daily Assignments do send even higher levels there. I have not had a chance to check other areas of WC since all the revamp was finished.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Could screen text (hover text) be modifiable in a similar way to the ways subtitles/captions on TV are modifiable? (Or online videos are also, sometimes, too.)

Then people could set them up to their preference? In the game settings tab?

People have different types of vision.

Just an idea.