Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Idea to fix PvP (Add your own Suggestions)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2018
Hi, I am a fellow PvP wizard of the spiral. After playing PvP extensively I have had many good ideas to possibly change and revive this community. Although I can agree that some spells need nerfs in the PvP aspect of the game there is another thing that I believe would make PvP way more skill based and would show who built their deck better. The way which I believe PvP would improve the most is by limiting how many Treasure Cards you can draw each turn( for example only 1-3 each turn). This would increase skill by deciding how many copies of each card you are going to take into each battle and finding how to make your deck the most consistent. Feel free to add more ideas down below.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Dakota OwlWraith on Aug 22, 2019 wrote:
Hi, I am a fellow PvP wizard of the spiral. After playing PvP extensively I have had many good ideas to possibly change and revive this community. Although I can agree that some spells need nerfs in the PvP aspect of the game there is another thing that I believe would make PvP way more skill based and would show who built their deck better. The way which I believe PvP would improve the most is by limiting how many Treasure Cards you can draw each turn( for example only 1-3 each turn). This would increase skill by deciding how many copies of each card you are going to take into each battle and finding how to make your deck the most consistent. Feel free to add more ideas down below.
mmmmm dont like the idea of only being able to draw 3 tc per round

pvp is so close to perfect, all they need to do is make second not such a huge disadvantage [turn based tourneys are nice, would be good to see this become the norm in pvp], nerf like 7 spells [lore efreet ramp weaver mana burn supernova fire beetle may have missed a few but here are the ones i know off the top of my head] in PVP ONLY and also nerf jade & related gear in pvp only as well. maybe even have shrike go with it, nerf that down to +25% pierce if jade gets nerfed so it doesn't become wildly unbalanced again

Survivor
Apr 08, 2018
JewelKI on Aug 22, 2019 wrote:
mmmmm dont like the idea of only being able to draw 3 tc per round

pvp is so close to perfect, all they need to do is make second not such a huge disadvantage [turn based tourneys are nice, would be good to see this become the norm in pvp], nerf like 7 spells [lore efreet ramp weaver mana burn supernova fire beetle may have missed a few but here are the ones i know off the top of my head] in PVP ONLY and also nerf jade & related gear in pvp only as well. maybe even have shrike go with it, nerf that down to +25% pierce if jade gets nerfed so it doesn't become wildly unbalanced again
A good idea to balance it without making other things unbalanced would be to give who ever is going second an extra regular pip at the beginning of the duel. That is the only thing they can do without changing things, for example finding a way to make both players go simultaneously. Also the way they did the special game mode in PvP where it switched from friendly to enemy turns to cast in 4v4 would be a nice thing to implement in 2v2 3v3 and 4v4.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2014
myth is mega broken also don't forget how hard it is to counter orthros and minotaur