Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why didn't life receive a damage scion?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
I'd hate to bring back this topic up again but why is it that every school gets an 11 pip cost spell that does nearly 2500+ damage while life was stuck getting a useless heal that not only not make any sense whatsoever but after giving us spells like rebirth and pigsie that heals an entire team for nearly triple the amount of a scion of life.
This needs to be address. Life school has always been in the middle of the damage class and healing support class.
If your trying to lean it on the sup class at least make it a heal that gives some form of immunity.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
angellifeheart on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
I'd hate to bring back this topic up again but why is it that every school gets an 11 pip cost spell that does nearly 2500+ damage while life was stuck getting a useless heal that not only not make any sense whatsoever but after giving us spells like rebirth and pigsie that heals an entire team for nearly triple the amount of a scion of life.
This needs to be address. Life school has always been in the middle of the damage class and healing support class.
If your trying to lean it on the sup class at least make it a heal that gives some form of immunity.
Just be happy we got a low level/pip AOE damage. I never thought that would be possible.

One thing to keep in mind, if a class has too much healing along with a lot of damage it literally does make the school over powered (or unbalanced.) I suspect we won’t be seeing another damage spell for life for a while.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Blaze03554 on Aug 24, 2019 wrote:
Just be happy we got a low level/pip AOE damage. I never thought that would be possible.

One thing to keep in mind, if a class has too much healing along with a lot of damage it literally does make the school over powered (or unbalanced.) I suspect we won’t be seeing another damage spell for life for a while.

Wait what? we? i didn't realize every life player got the spell WOW! that's so generous of kings Isles lol(not). If you have gotten the spell congratz am sure as mad and not happy that i spent 40k on pack's and still haven't gotten the spell. However i cannot be 100% totally mad because i did manage to rack up tc so am just gonna wait until it because craft able. And btw a 4 pip spell locked behind a pay wall cannot be compared to the op-ness of high damage caliber spells every other schools have gotten at max level excluding life which made them so relevant at pvp. So am hoping k i invents some high end aoe damage for life on next shadow enhance release spells.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012

What do you mean "just be happy"??? I spent a $60 bundle of crowns, and an $80 later on to just get the pack alone. They know that life NEEDED the 4 pip aoe, so they decided to mock us and use us as pawns to gain them revenue. (Keep in mind I STILL don't have the spell). No. Life is treated the most unfair out of all of the schools. The healing scoin is worthless. I have/ will never use it. There is no purpose to waste 11 pips to heal one person when I can just satyr someone as a jade and fill their health bar. I highly doubt they will post this, but if you see this, it's true.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Okay folks I’m sorry I unintentionally opened a really bad can of worms.

Just be patient, all spells become farmable or your able to craft them. Also, no one MADE you spend that much money.

Very Sorry

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Blaze03554 on Aug 28, 2019 wrote:

Just be patient, all spells become farmable or your able to craft them. Also, no one MADE you spend that much money.

Very Sorry

That doesn't justify anything just so you know. What are we not suppose to be spending money on the game we love and support now? I think the real culprit lies within the dark waiting to pounce on its victims whom comes across it. Patience is a virtue indeed and am already fired up for crafting the spell. However i believe the spell won't be accessible for crafting to those without membership or in the process of losing their membership, its about that time of the year.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Blaze03554 on Aug 28, 2019 wrote:

Very Sorry

It's alright, No need to apologize. You are correct about the reason why Kingisle created Life Wizards the way they did. You are correct, they did give the school of Life a 4 pip AOE spell however it's only on a Kookaburra pet you get when you are in Mirage, But sum of players including I was hoping to have a 4 pip learned or craftible spell.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Pouffy23 on Aug 27, 2019 wrote:
What do you mean "just be happy"??? I spent a $60 bundle of crowns, and an $80 later on to just get the pack alone. They know that life NEEDED the 4 pip aoe, so they decided to mock us and use us as pawns to gain them revenue. (Keep in mind I STILL don't have the spell). No. Life is treated the most unfair out of all of the schools. The healing scoin is worthless. I have/ will never use it. There is no purpose to waste 11 pips to heal one person when I can just satyr someone as a jade and fill their health bar. I highly doubt they will post this, but if you see this, it's true.
Scion of Life heals more than one person. It's a spell that's a combo of Satyr and Wings of Fate but without the damage. Plus double the heal (2x) to all wizards if the one you casted at has less than 25% health remaining. It's known to be a life saver if you do it right. That is why it's 11 pips. It's a very useful spell in need only if it's cast at a appropriate time. I don't think KI is mocking us

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
To answer the question: "Why didn't Life recieve a damaging Scion?" Kingsisle designed Life wizard the way they did for a reason. Life is a healing School.. Their purpose to to heal not to be a hitter in a tean battle. However, Life is giving attacking spells when needed such as going solo. That school is not meant to be a combo power hitter and healer. That would overpower the school and the game.Sorry to hurt feelings here but I doubt KI is going to do a makeover on Life just so people can have their cake and eat it too. That's called: "I want my way". Meaning If people don't feel comfortable the way a school is created to be for your needs, then perhaps that school isn't for you and you should play a differant School. I do agree, another powerful AOE and/or a single attack spell forr Life is needed for soloing.

Note: You people are free to quote me but I will not respond to rude and hostile posts. Have fun and enjoy you game.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 31, 2019 wrote:
Scion of Life heals more than one person. It's a spell that's a combo of Satyr and Wings of Fate but without the damage. Plus double the heal (2x) to all wizards if the one you casted at has less than 25% health remaining. It's known to be a life saver if you do it right. That is why it's 11 pips. It's a very useful spell in need only if it's cast at a appropriate time. I don't think KI is mocking us
Yea? so does pigsie and rebirth have you ever heard of any of those spells? A spell that heals for 1100 health on one person with 300 over 3 round to all friends will never be as good as rebirth or which heals for 650 base to all and leaves a 400 absorb to all, meanwhile pigsie for 4 pips heals for 550 to all ok? So lets not even go there because that is total ludicrous.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 31, 2019 wrote:
To answer the question: "Why didn't Life recieve a damaging Scion?" Kingsisle designed Life wizard the way they did for a reason. Life is a healing School.. Their purpose to to heal not to be a hitter in a tean battle. However, Life is giving attacking spells when needed such as going solo. That school is not meant to be a combo power hitter and healer. That would overpower the school and the game.Sorry to hurt feelings here but I doubt KI is going to do a makeover on Life just so people can have their cake and eat it too. That's called: "I want my way". Meaning If people don't feel comfortable the way a school is created to be for your needs, then perhaps that school isn't for you and you should play a differant School. I do agree, another powerful AOE and/or a single attack spell forr Life is needed for soloing.

Note: You people are free to quote me but I will not respond to rude and hostile posts. Have fun and enjoy you game.
Ok first of all, maybe u should go to wizard 101 central wiki and look at the life spells, or if your a max life then you will notice that after level 48 which was the last out right healing spell life has gotten, everything after was damage why? because k i think realize that life needed a reliable damage source to is solo like any other school. In this case life was giving a spread sheet of damage spells because just healing isn't going to solve anything especially in pvp. There fore the idea of life is only a supporting school has been thrown out of the window. Life is considered to be that one unique special school who is able to do both so by balancing this life was giving weak damage spells in compensation for their outrageous critical healing which may i remind still heals for nearly 2.25 unlike damage 1.25.
The term over powered goes directly to these following schools currently in pve and pvp are who down right needs terrible nerfs. If everyone gets to have op damage at max pvp then i think life shouldn't be left out at all because the fact that now u can get one shot with this spells would make scion of life so irrelevant.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
angellifeheart on Sep 5, 2019 wrote:
Ok first of all, maybe u should go to wizard 101 central wiki and look at the life spells, or if your a max life then you will notice that after level 48 which was the last out right healing spell life has gotten, everything after was damage why? because k i think realize that life needed a reliable damage source to is solo like any other school. In this case life was giving a spread sheet of damage spells because just healing isn't going to solve anything especially in pvp. There fore the idea of life is only a supporting school has been thrown out of the window. Life is considered to be that one unique special school who is able to do both so by balancing this life was giving weak damage spells in compensation for their outrageous critical healing which may i remind still heals for nearly 2.25 unlike damage 1.25.
The term over powered goes directly to these following schools currently in pve and pvp are who down right needs terrible nerfs. If everyone gets to have op damage at max pvp then i think life shouldn't be left out at all because the fact that now u can get one shot with this spells would make scion of life so irrelevant.
Thank you for your concerns. Your posts are noted. I still stand by what I say and opinions vary. You are missing the point here. Life's wizards are NOT meant to be both hitters and healing for team battles. Healing Scion was put in the game for a reason. Trust Kingsisle. They went to school for this. KI created this game the why they did. They know what they are doing. Please know what you are talking about before you speak about my knowlage on life wizards. It can be insulting Next time I wont reply. Enjoy your game.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
angellifeheart on Sep 5, 2019 wrote:
Yea? so does pigsie and rebirth have you ever heard of any of those spells? A spell that heals for 1100 health on one person with 300 over 3 round to all friends will never be as good as rebirth or which heals for 650 base to all and leaves a 400 absorb to all, meanwhile pigsie for 4 pips heals for 550 to all ok? So lets not even go there because that is total ludicrous.
I'm reading between lines on your posts. and it sounds like you are attacking this matter pretty hard, why? Do you want a power hitting Life wizard and healer at the same time? I doubt Kingsisle is going to do that. Perhaps you should play a diffferant school and buy a Life amulet, healing tc and all the boneses then you can have both. Just a thought.. A freindly and positive attitudes keep threads unlocked and posts posted. So, you are correct, lets not go there with boxing gloves just because we don't like what we hear. It's ludicrous to do so. Enjoy your game. Peace.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014

"Just Be happy", I agree. Kingsisle put things in the game for us to get or buy if and when we choose to. Even meet our requests half ways if need to such as crafted spells, spells on pets; like 4 pip aoe leafstorm, spell drops from Loremaster and from bundles and much more. Why can't players just be happy for what they have in the game and perhaps KI will make adjustments later when they can without ruining the game not to give players whatever they want so they can have they way in life. That will off balance the game. No one is making players spend crowns or use spells that are given to us such as Scoin of Life, etc. Kingsisle doing whatever they can for us. Cant satisfy everyone. My thoughts are same as yours; Just be happy we have a good and fun to play

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 5, 2019 wrote:
Thank you for your concerns. Your posts are noted. I still stand by what I say and opinions vary. You are missing the point here. Life's wizards are NOT meant to be both hitters and healing for team battles. Healing Scion was put in the game for a reason. Trust Kingsisle. They went to school for this. KI created this game the why they did. They know what they are doing. Please know what you are talking about before you speak about my knowlage on life wizards. It can be insulting Next time I wont reply. Enjoy your game.
No your missing the point here! saying life aren't meant to be hitters is like saying a storm with mass damage doesn't deserve heals which happens to be so ironic because they have a heal just not as good as they want it to be.
If life were meant to be hitters we wouldn't have had spells like King Art, Forest lord, Lammasu,Gnome, Hungry Caterpillar and wings of fate like really? come on lol you can try to troll people who don't know what damage is but am far from noticing life is that unique school that does both, heck even the 3 lore spells out of the 4 we get are damage excluding sacred charge whom is not a lore spell but also does damage bro. Scion of life is has down useless that i even had to make a new post about it. I even ask many life max mains about it who have pigsie or in the process of farming or crafting it and they said they would never waste 11 pips on a heal that only heals one person and if they do they have satyr for it which would even give them more breathing option for other utility spells. Its a fact a Scion of LIfe is obsolete in its condition atm and needs a major over haul.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 5, 2019 wrote:
I'm reading between lines on your posts. and it sounds like you are attacking this matter pretty hard, why? Do you want a power hitting Life wizard and healer at the same time? I doubt Kingsisle is going to do that. Perhaps you should play a diffferant school and buy a Life amulet, healing tc and all the boneses then you can have both. Just a thought.. A freindly and positive attitudes keep threads unlocked and posts posted. So, you are correct, lets not go there with boxing gloves just because we don't like what we hear. It's ludicrous to do so. Enjoy your game. Peace.
I've already replied to your previous post. Your case is now irrelevant. My feeling on the matter of life being a power hitter is also irrelevant why? because they already are case close. Just for your information i have 7 schools all max and what i do with my money is none of your concern, i think it is you who failed to realize reality from fiction mate wake up and smell the coffee.