Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What am I doing wrong?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 30, 2015
I've been on the Deckathalon a lot this week thanks to being stuck sick at home. I've made I don't know how many runs at level 4 and have only gotten 2 Strengthening and 7 Superior Myth runes... I've gotten so many Scroll of Fortune points that I just finished Tier 8...almost all of them from the Deckathalon.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone have any tips or tricks? Or are they just dropped that seldom?

Thanks!
Marcus

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Hi Markopolo100, I have the same problem :( Ran myth deckathalon to get over 900 points, farming stage 4 consistently and only received 1 strengthening rune. Was lucky with improvement runes, got about 5 this time around (was about 1 or 2 other deckathalons). I really wish we could transmute augmentation runes into strenghtening (I have over 200 of these) as it only requires 10 to craft/upgrade the hands of fate. Maybe like 50 augmentation runes to make 1 strengthening rune? I have all the reagents to craft the mythic hands of fate, but just need 10 more superior myth runes and 12 more strengthening runes :( It does get quite monotonous when it gets to the point where you are just farming and only get regular runes and sometimes an enhanced rune.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
markopolo100 on Aug 20, 2019 wrote:
I've been on the Deckathalon a lot this week thanks to being stuck sick at home. I've made I don't know how many runs at level 4 and have only gotten 2 Strengthening and 7 Superior Myth runes... I've gotten so many Scroll of Fortune points that I just finished Tier 8...almost all of them from the Deckathalon.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone have any tips or tricks? Or are they just dropped that seldom?

Thanks!
Marcus
Marcus,

I'm in the same boat. I've participated in every Deckathalon, averaging about 900 points each time. I only farm the fourth stage of the tower, but I only have 2 strengthening runes total.

I've seen social media posts from "high profile" players showing images of their crafted school Hand of Fate. This was a player that only farmed the first stage of the tower to rack up extremely high points, but information received from KI indicated that the higher stages of the tower should be dropping the strength runes (or at least increased chances).

I'm not sure if these players are simply getting the strength runes from one of the Crown shop packs or not, but I haven't seen many posts from other players indicating more strength runes from Crowns packs. I too am wondering if there is a better of way getting these runes, as I'm currently on pace to get the correct amount for one school hand after cycling through all the school Deckathalons (will obtain the Ultimate Hand of Fate in 7 years).