Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Hunt Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
Alright, I wanna preface this with how much I am enjoying the new Beastmoon Hunt event. Because, real talk, it's lit . Genuine props to KI for introducing new and dynamic mechanics to the game that are not only fun in itself, but will also be used for improving pvp down-the-line.

That being said, I think there are some things KI can add for every Beastmoon match. An option for the Alpha or Omega teams to report a teammate that is not cooperating on purpose (i.e., throwing a match), behaving in an antagonistic manner towards teammates, or remaining inactive (it's happened a few times now with the same people in different, consecutive hunts).

With each subsequent report against a player, there would be increasing time-outs beginning with a timeout of 15 minutes, timeout for the rest of the day, and timeout for the rest of the event. Hopefully, these aren't too unreasonable since the premise of the event is teamwork, joining the event to be a part of a team working together toward a goal.

Anyways, wanna take a moment to thank KingsIsle for this truly awesome addition to Wiz. I am excited to see how this develops!

Thank you KingsIsle

Any thoughts? Comments? Rebuttals? Suggestions?

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Autumn!

First, this post should be put under the Events category, not Community News FYI.

I completely agree with your post and wanted to share my agreement that KI put some kind of time/participation
penalty on non-active players. Since this is an event to promote TEAMWORK there is nothing teamwork about
joining beastmoon to spin afk, do nothing and time out, or try to enter the hunting grounds as a wizard instead
of a beast form. I have run at least 150 hunts between test realm and the one live event and have found one thing to be true. Just ONE non-active player on a team can mean a loss. All team members must work together to have
a chance at a win. Players who choose to join a hunt and not participate should be penalized, absolutely!!!

Administrator
No worries, we've moved it. I think your ideas Autumn are great to consider! We've had so much fantastic feedback, there's a lot we can do yet for this new event!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
something I wanted to add in, I feel like its unfair that you are penalized if you leave the queue right before a match starts, I mean 15 minutes is kind of harsh. I would suggest you reduce it down to 5 minutes or remove it entirely. But I 100% agree with what they said above and can we also add a option to report teammates for hacking

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
@ Autumn

I like your idea for time-outs except I think they scaled up to quickly.

The events only lasts a few days. Therefore 15 min first offence, 1 or 2 hours 2nd offense, 1 day 3rd offense covers things nicely imo.

After 3 strikes, well, I guess you're out. That's when the "rest of the event" penalty would kick in--basically on the 4th offense.

I never once went afk during an event. And if something important came up, a player COULD simply tell their team mates, "Emergency, AFK a sec".

None of the AFKs I ever saw said a word to anyone. They just joined a match and started spinning, or joined and ran off somewhere isolated and started spinning etc.