Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Side Quests no longer appearing?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2015
Recently, I was looking around the game and realized that some of the side quests gave permanent spells and i never realized! I usually only stick to main quests- as a lot of people do- and have missed the opportunities to get these spells in the process. I attempted to see if i could go back and begin these side quests, but I found that the providers no longer had the exclamation points over their heads, notifying me of anything. I went to multiple worlds to see if it was just a coincidence- and none of them showed up either.

Is there any way for me to revive these side quests for the spells, or are they gone forever?

I also looked on the wiki, and it mentioned that certain levels were required to begin these quests, but that should mean they should still be open? They begin at that level (Ex: Level 72 required to start said side quest) and should be available for later if not completed then?

I'm just a little confused and hopefully there's a way to still be able to do these quests, as a lot of people aren't aware of the rewards they can earn from them, due to the extended time it would take to complete a world and continue to the next.

Amber Myth ~ Lvl 114 Myth Wizard
Kymma GoldCloud ~ Lvl 45 Life Wizard

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Honestly, the side quests to learn spells begins at level 35 after completing Mirkholm Keep in Grizzleheim.

Baldur usually instigates all side school only spell quests in Grizzleheim/Wintertusk. (They're two).

The other begins at level 55 once you've completed about 1/4 or so of Sudrilund, an area in Wintertusk.

These quests must be completed before you will be granted access to others including the one available in Avalon at both level 72 and at level 75.

If you need further clarification on how to get access to these better, just ask!

Until then,

Good Luck!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2015
Star Edward on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
Honestly, the side quests to learn spells begins at level 35 after completing Mirkholm Keep in Grizzleheim.

Baldur usually instigates all side school only spell quests in Grizzleheim/Wintertusk. (They're two).

The other begins at level 55 once you've completed about 1/4 or so of Sudrilund, an area in Wintertusk.

These quests must be completed before you will be granted access to others including the one available in Avalon at both level 72 and at level 75.

If you need further clarification on how to get access to these better, just ask!

Until then,

Good Luck!

Thank you so much! I didn't realize it was a chain-type thing. Again, thank you!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
AutumnBlizzards on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
Recently, I was looking around the game and realized that some of the side quests gave permanent spells and i never realized! I usually only stick to main quests- as a lot of people do- and have missed the opportunities to get these spells in the process. I attempted to see if i could go back and begin these side quests, but I found that the providers no longer had the exclamation points over their heads, notifying me of anything. I went to multiple worlds to see if it was just a coincidence- and none of them showed up either.

Is there any way for me to revive these side quests for the spells, or are they gone forever?

I also looked on the wiki, and it mentioned that certain levels were required to begin these quests, but that should mean they should still be open? They begin at that level (Ex: Level 72 required to start said side quest) and should be available for later if not completed then?

I'm just a little confused and hopefully there's a way to still be able to do these quests, as a lot of people aren't aware of the rewards they can earn from them, due to the extended time it would take to complete a world and continue to the next.

Amber Myth ~ Lvl 114 Myth Wizard
Kymma GoldCloud ~ Lvl 45 Life Wizard
They just have to be done in order

HERE is a link for all myth spells.

HERE is a link for all life spells.

Check the links and look at the spells from other trainers and spells from quests. They're all hyperlinked so you can find the trainer or quest givers etc. Work through them in order so you know the next one will be unlocked when you go for it

Don't forget to also check out the astral spells available and the quests they need to be unlocked - potent trap, sharpen blade, damage enchants, auras etc could all be very helpful to you if you don't have them yet

Sun School Spells HERE.

Star School Spells HERE.

I hope this helps and if you get a bit lost or need more help just let us know

Enjoy your new spells!