Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Charm Removal

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Unrelated to the game, but more so related to the Forums.

Why was the charm button removed?

Administrator
It wasn't removed, are you not seeing it? I just charmed your post :).

Is anyone else not seeing it?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I don't see it in the Events section, but I do see the charm button everywhere else.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
To name a few areas on the forum that he may be referring to are the Deckathalon Thoughts and the Welcome to the new Events section as those don't have it as of today that I have noticed.

The Deckathalon thought had the charm button but it now has been removed.

Comments on the other section have postings where it has been verbalized regarding the missing button.

We do appreciate the button and the ability to charm someone’s post..

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Allow me to clarify,

It is not visible/available on certain posts/threads.

Why is that?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I mentioned Charms are missing ON SOME THREADS here a few days earlier in this thread here:

Welcome to the new Events Section

Victoria Fireheart and Cheryl Duskcrafter also notice the Charm feature missing there. I wanna Charm both their posts!
CHARM for Victoria
CHARM for Cheryl
And a CHARM for Sparck too (on that thread).

Quick question: These are called 'threads' here on this site right?

Survivor
Jul 16, 2012
Sparck on Jul 26, 2019 wrote:
It wasn't removed, are you not seeing it? I just charmed your post :).

Is anyone else not seeing it?
I see charms

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also,

While I understand non-members can only view posts,

Why can't they see the charms as well?

Administrator
Star Edward on Jul 30, 2019 wrote:
Also,

While I understand non-members can only view posts,

Why can't they see the charms as well?

For everyone, has the charms not showing up for non-members always been the case? We might be able to adjust this...

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Sparck on Jul 30, 2019 wrote:
For everyone, has the charms not showing up for non-members always been the case? We might be able to adjust this...
Idk the answer to that because I am a member.

Sparck, plz click this link to see a thread here without Charm.

Thread with no charm

PS: Can others plz test the hyperlink. It keeps on opening and immediately closing the area to put the hyperlink. I have to try it several times until it works. Thanks! :D

Explorer
May 28, 2012
Sparck on Jul 30, 2019 wrote:
As I have two crowns accounts (non-members) and two members accounts, I can say that they haven't been able to see the charms button / history. The page appears just like it does before signing in with membership account.

I have noticed that for some reason all the postings/threads that are in the Message Boards Home >Events section only have the ability to "quote" a posting and not "charm" the posting, requiring another poster to almost repeat what has been previously said.

stemogstel stated:
"PS: Can others plz test the hyperlink. It keeps on opening and immediately closing the area to put the hyperlink. I have to try it several times until it works. Thanks! :D"

I found that the link worked just fine on the first attempt for me.