Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Monstrology Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2014
What do you guys think they should add in for the future for Monstrology? I think it would be pretty cool if they added Golems. They are all over the spiral, and it would be cool to have them roaming your house as a Storm wizard (you know, tech based)

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I've been waiting for someone to bring this up! Excuse me while I ramble on.

Extract Grizzle Bear It would cover most of the bear creatures not already extractable with Polar Bear.

Extract Shark. There are many unique creatures here, and I love sharks.

Extract Crab. Definitely Extract Crab.

Extract Dog. This would cover not only Marleybonian Dogs, but also Grizzleheim Wolves, Avalonian Foxes, and everything else canine.

Extract Panther. This would cover all the creatures describable as "Big Cats".

Extract Horse. This one is a bit broader then one may think at first.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I've always wanted animus extracting auras like the way Amplify works. Farming for animus would be faster if we could use the sun school fist spells. Perhaps give it a monstrology level requirement of 10 or 15 or so. Even if we got auras for every type of monster, it would be an improvement. I would PREFER an aura that extracted animus from ALL monsters in the fight, but that may be asking for too much lol. I don't have a problem putting the time in and fighting the monsters, I just wish each fight was a bit faster is all.

Community Leader
dayerider on Jul 27, 2019 wrote:
I've always wanted animus extracting auras like the way Amplify works. Farming for animus would be faster if we could use the sun school fist spells. Perhaps give it a monstrology level requirement of 10 or 15 or so. Even if we got auras for every type of monster, it would be an improvement. I would PREFER an aura that extracted animus from ALL monsters in the fight, but that may be asking for too much lol. I don't have a problem putting the time in and fighting the monsters, I just wish each fight was a bit faster is all.
Monstrology auras could be an interesting concept. Not sure if its worth exploring though. Considering the fact that you'd need to create 12 new aura spells when they already went through the trouble of creating all those extract spells already.

A way I could see this being implemented is if it lasted for 1-2 rounds and its effect would be "Extract Animus from creatures already unlocked in your tome". This way you'd need to at least fight them and extract from them once. On the other hand, you won't need to attack every creature individually in case they are different creature types in the same battle.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Cody RavenTamer on Aug 29, 2019 wrote:
Monstrology auras could be an interesting concept. Not sure if its worth exploring though. Considering the fact that you'd need to create 12 new aura spells when they already went through the trouble of creating all those extract spells already.

A way I could see this being implemented is if it lasted for 1-2 rounds and its effect would be "Extract Animus from creatures already unlocked in your tome". This way you'd need to at least fight them and extract from them once. On the other hand, you won't need to attack every creature individually in case they are different creature types in the same battle.
That was how I envisioned them anyhow, like the other aura spells that last 4 rounds (for example). 1 spell would be created.

The "need to create 12 new spells" logic doesn't hold water though. We have blades and traps, and then they created multiple aura spells for each school to enhance damage output; 21 in total. Heck, we had the generic auras BEFORE they went school specific. This would be reversing it, BUT, I like your idea that it should affect any of the spells you have bought and are in your animus deck.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dayerider on Jul 27, 2019 wrote:
I really like this idea of being able to choose between a sun-type or a star-type monstrology extract spell.

Also, this post got me thinking about how badly the moon school polymorphs need an update. Imagine if future monstrology spells let you polymorph into the creatures you extract from. Or maybe only polymorphing into certain forms after extracting a high amount from a certain type (like a badge reward).