Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP matchmaking is a MAJOR PROBLEM

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2009
I honestly couldn't be more frustrated and confused. I'm just your average wizard trying to rank up and enjoy the fun of player vs player combat. Finally, after lots of hard work and dedication, I've managed to finally reach knight, a spectacular achievement in my book. However, it seems I've reached a plateau. Not only can't I rank up anymore, but now I'm down the hole back to near private, and here's why. The matchmaking system. I'm a level 81 life wizard, and when i hit knight things were going smoothly until I was faced with multiple different exalted wizards, wielding shadow spells and incredible gear with high pierce, critical, and resistance not once, but 7 times. I thought that maybe it was because I was a knight, but considering I'm still dealing with the issue as barely a veteran, it's apparent that that's not the case. Quick joining a match is now a huge risk to take, as I never know if I'm gonna get an actually fair match or gonna be doomed from the start. There is LITERALLY no chance of winning in matches like this, considering they have the ability to use high tier spells that I can't, and have gear that negates all the stats of mine at their disposal. Matchmaking MUST be fixed. We pay money to be able to do ranked PvP, and the least Kingsisle could do for us is prevent exalted wizards from being matched with anyone below. The issue of posing an incredible challenge for one wizard and an all around simple match for another exists in so many different ways in PvP than the way I just described. If this problematic matchmaking system stays the same as it is now, PvP matches will reliably be one-sided, frustrating, and fun for nobody.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2013
Here's a reasonable solution
Quest to a level that's heard of for PvP 100, 120, 130
that's one the consequence you face for choosing to PvP at archmagi a lvl barley anyone does besides jades