Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We have Team up but what about Ready up?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
so the problem about teaming up is that you gotta wait for a couple of mins even when I'm just helping out players the timer is so slow just to start the fight compare the game function like PVP once you get a match you can go to the arena or wait for the timer to count down

so having Team up+Ready up would be good for players who don't want to wait for the timer even some do back out after the timer hits 1min or a few seconds its kinda annoying when you gotta wait just to help people sometimes when I'm questing and when I'm teaming up there is like nobody there should be some kind of a notice if a player needs help mostly like a red notice that this player needs help or this player need assistance

also if team-up can show players levels that would be nice too only the names and schools is all you can see but the levels you cannot I ran into so many max levels when helping out in darkmoor I was planning on helping low levels between 100 but nope

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
apache475 on Jul 22, 2019 wrote:
so the problem about teaming up is that you gotta wait for a couple of mins even when I'm just helping out players the timer is so slow just to start the fight compare the game function like PVP once you get a match you can go to the arena or wait for the timer to count down

so having Team up+Ready up would be good for players who don't want to wait for the timer even some do back out after the timer hits 1min or a few seconds its kinda annoying when you gotta wait just to help people sometimes when I'm questing and when I'm teaming up there is like nobody there should be some kind of a notice if a player needs help mostly like a red notice that this player needs help or this player need assistance

also if team-up can show players levels that would be nice too only the names and schools is all you can see but the levels you cannot I ran into so many max levels when helping out in darkmoor I was planning on helping low levels between 100 but nope
I believe the point of the timer is to allow enough time for the higher levels to "see" the request in kiosk and enough time generally to get all players needing that dungeon enough time to queue (not just the first person who queues). Two mins. is not a long time, but the absolute fastest way to Team-Up is the "Enter Now" option at the sigil itself.

Part of the problem with the kiosk is that higher level "helpers" are simply just trying to get the badge and not really helping and are blazing through the dungeon so fast that the players needing the assistance are not actually getting it (the higher level finishes the objective before the requestor can get it). Allowing even faster queue times will contribute to that mentality (not helping but rather just using the requestor's queue to get a Team-Up "count").

I do agree that levels should be shown, so that a player who is requesting assistance will know if it is coming from players on the same quest or a higher level that will "carry them" or potentially ruin their quest like outlined above.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
most high levels never help out though in higher-level worlds not even max levels help out so dungeons and boss fight from khrysalis/polaris/empyrea are dead some even wait more than 1 to 2 hours just to get help even I been in that spot before waiting over 50 min just for 1 fight max levels only do low-level worlds just to gain the badge faster,while some of them do help out others in higher worlds even I was the only one helping out in polaris going back and forth to each player but yeah though what I'm trying to say is that I wish they added a faster team-up option that is instant instead of waiting you just want to help them as fast as possible and move on to the next player