Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns or x Gold for skeleton keys

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
Please K I make the ability to buy skeleton keys.
100 crowns or 100000 gold for 3 gold keys
75 crowns or 75000 gold for 3 stone keys,
50 crowns for 50000 gold for 3 wooden.keys.
Yes the keys are earned as a reward for defeating bosses
But most key bosses drops seemed to be nerfed, causing players to exaust keys fast and recieving junk.
This causes people to team up in hopes that some one else in the group will have a skeleton keys.
Maybe when you use a key type at a key boss, you can "purchase" more of the same sort. (you get a voucher).
Yes I know that many of us used hours to farm for skeleton keys to aquire that unique gear item.
Maybe there can be a fair way to "aquire" skeleon keys.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2012
I agree with you 100%. On June 12th, I posted under Gold Skeleton Keys exactly what you are talking about with suggestions as well. There were a couple of replies with some support but mostly not.

I really don't see the problem with having the sale of keys in Crown Shop. If it is a matter of pricing, then do it in a fair way. For one thing, it will help those that want to go fight Skeleton Key Bosses who don't have keys. It will help those that use Team Kiosk not to be faced with everyone looking around looking for a Key.

I wasted many of my Gold Keys trying to help only to be the only one with a Key. Like you, I have done multiple runs with Skeleton Bosses and in the last 4 months have never received one key, not one. I asked for KI and Spark to look into this but they have remained silent.

Everything from High Level Gear, Pets, elixirs ect is available in Crown Shop. So what is the big deal in having them there? Who is it going to hurt? The drops in those dungeons have been to say the least below standard anyway. So, let the players have a crack at it.

Finally, I have always felt that the first player entering a Skeleton Boss Sigil looking to Team-up for help, should be checked by the system first to see if they have a proper Key for that Boss and the Key could be removed at that point. If the Team-up does not take place, then Key is returned as not being used. This way you will get rid of scammers and give some comfort to those that want to help.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Well, erm, you got your answer! You can buy a bundle that includes a Wood, Stone, and Gold Skeleton Key starting today! But it's only here until the 21'st, so hurry!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
WOW - just looked at the key bundle and it's a whopping 2250c for a gold, stone and wood key.

That has to have been designed by someone who doesn't play the game and the pricing is exorbitantly high.

A player wanting to skip farming for keys is VERY unlikely to want 3 different keys and pricing should be similar to that of unlocking sockets imo.

Either sell single keys at a price similar to opening sockets at that level or give a bundle of 3 at that level for slightly below opening 3 sockets...having both options would also be popular.

I don't think a gold option needs to be available since it is paying to skip farming and a free option is available if we put in the time. It's a choice between time or money, which I consider fair for a crown item like this.

It's disappointing to see them priced so disproportionately high and likely that 2/3 will be useless to the wizard purchasing them