Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lvl 30 suggestions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2017
Hey guys!

So currently, on my level, I have 9,480/12,055 EXP. These are the quests I have left:

Defeat Krokopatra in the Temple of Storms

Talk to Egil Axebreaker in Vigrid Roughland

Talk to Mrs. Dowager in Pigswick Academy
Find Grubb Collect Item of Proof in Sunken City

Explore Beagle's Base Camp in Kembaalung Village

Talk to Hubbard Gardiner in Regent's Square

Talk to Freddy Nine Lives in Chelsea Court

Explore Tomb of the Beguiler in Tomb of the Beguiler

Go to Yardbirds in Grizzleheim (Will not list them all)

The problem is, these quests I CANNOT DO. See, I use crowns instead of membership, and now I cannot do any side quests.

But I really want to reach Lvl 30, so I need some suggestions as to how to do it. Thanks!

Hunter SunSpear, Lvl 29

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
The only way I can see you being able to reach level 30 at this point in time is just to get membership or more crowns.
There isn't really a huge chunk of the game that's free-to-play. Have you tried clearing Winterbane or the Midnight Sun Pagoda? If not, that could boost your level.
Other than that, there's nothing really you can do at this point my friend.

Darby Unicornflower 127
Darby Seacloud 57
Darby Starwraith 32
Darby 23
Genevieve Rosestone 20
Sestiva Silverdust 12

Explorer
May 28, 2012
I am also a crowns player, I would suggest going back and defeating some of the bosses using Monstrology spells to collect animus. You can also spam Rattlebones in Unicorn Way for the one shot dungeons he drops.

This will help you on leveling up till you get the crowns to open the areas necessary to complete the side quests.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
At your level you could do lots of the house gauntlets if you haven't done them already. If you have a wizard below level 20 go in with you then you can do them all on the lowest setting, then go in without the low level and do the next tier (make sure everyone is over level 20).

You can get XP for each run and a second run will give you 50% XP.

Winterbane and Pagoda can be accessed without being friends with the owner. Some of the others you and your team will need to add the owner to go into them.

If you want to try to get some XP from Winterbane, Pagoda, Spiral Cup, Fantastic Voyage and Grand Tourney Arena I am happy to add you and give you access to use mine. I can help you with them if you'd like. Unfortunately I don't have the other house gauntlets yet, but you're welcome to the ones I do have

I like Cheryl's suggestion of collecting animus and also getting one-shot dungeons too.

You could also do some team ups through the kiosk to help some wizards out and work on your team up badges. Some bosses/dungeons give 50% XP for the second time you do them

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Addition:

If you're looking to get free crowns while you're saving up real money for more, you can do the daily trivias at freeKIgames.com to earn 100 a day. You need to get over 70% correct...so you might want to check for the answer lists that are found easily online too. You might enjoy learning some new things about w101 from it as well

You can also get crowns from doing the daily assignments. I know they don't look like much but they soon add up, especially if you do them on all 6 wizards. You may have to skip days here and there if you don't have access to the areas yet but you'll definitely get some that you can access. You might even win some nice things from the chests and the arena tickets are nice too

You might be able to access free crowns through the ingame 'earn crowns' feature. It will need to be enabled in your settings and then it will show at the top left of your screen. If we watch the videos we can earn 10 crowns each time. I'm not sure how well this is working at the moment and adverts are only available for some areas. It's worth trying though and if it doesn't work the first time it can be worth trying again a day or so later. Some people manage to get some free crowns from it and you might be able to as well

If you check out the Community News and Events sections of this forum you might find some competitions to enter as well, and don't forget to submit your questions/tips towards the end of the month for KI Live. You could win some crowns to help you move on to the next zones

Good luck and I hope you can progress with your journey soon!

Survivor
Sep 16, 2017
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:
At your level you could do lots of the house gauntlets if you haven't done them already. If you have a wizard below level 20 go in with you then you can do them all on the lowest setting, then go in without the low level and do the next tier (make sure everyone is over level 20).

You can get XP for each run and a second run will give you 50% XP.

Winterbane and Pagoda can be accessed without being friends with the owner. Some of the others you and your team will need to add the owner to go into them.

If you want to try to get some XP from Winterbane, Pagoda, Spiral Cup, Fantastic Voyage and Grand Tourney Arena I am happy to add you and give you access to use mine. I can help you with them if you'd like. Unfortunately I don't have the other house gauntlets yet, but you're welcome to the ones I do have

I like Cheryl's suggestion of collecting animus and also getting one-shot dungeons too.

You could also do some team ups through the kiosk to help some wizards out and work on your team up badges. Some bosses/dungeons give 50% XP for the second time you do them
I think that is a good idea! When do you think we can meet up? Thank you so much in advance.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Overlord of Death on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:
I think that is a good idea! When do you think we can meet up? Thank you so much in advance.
I'm not sure what I'm doing this weekend and moderation doesn't happen over weekends either so it might be easier to arrange something for next week?

Let me know your wizard's name and your usual availability (include time zone please) and I'll let you know when I can meet you

Survivor
Sep 16, 2017
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 12, 2019 wrote:
I'm not sure what I'm doing this weekend and moderation doesn't happen over weekends either so it might be easier to arrange something for next week?

Let me know your wizard's name and your usual availability (include time zone please) and I'll let you know when I can meet you
Sure! My wiz name is Hunter SunSpear (Lvl 29 ), and I am in Eastern time zone.

Usually avalible in the evenings, preferably after 5:30.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Overlord of Death on Jul 13, 2019 wrote:
Sure! My wiz name is Hunter SunSpear (Lvl 29 ), and I am in Eastern time zone.

Usually avalible in the evenings, preferably after 5:30.
Awesome

I'll go to Dworgyn realm commons at 5:30pm Eastern time on Wednesday, I'll be on Melissa Stormheart. Don't worry if that's cutting it a bit fine (you said after 5:30pm), I'll hang out there for a while in case you're logging in or held up a bit

See ya soon!