Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Elixirs Storing in Back-Pack???

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 16, 2014
In The Spring Update Notes it Says: You will now notice that elixirs will be able to be stored in your back-pack...so..."You can purchase them and activate them later" as well as receive them in loot drops.

THEN RIGHT UNDERNEATH IT STATES:

Purchased elixirs from The Crown Shop will be activated immediately.

If The Elixirs are in fact activated IMMEDIATELY - then how do you purchase the elixirs "To Be Saved for later use???"

This makes no sense what so ever to me. What am I missing please?

Thank You, Scarlet ShadowStone

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
hopefulz33 on Jun 3, 2019 wrote:
In The Spring Update Notes it Says: You will now notice that elixirs will be able to be stored in your back-pack...so..."You can purchase them and activate them later" as well as receive them in loot drops.

THEN RIGHT UNDERNEATH IT STATES:

Purchased elixirs from The Crown Shop will be activated immediately.

If The Elixirs are in fact activated IMMEDIATELY - then how do you purchase the elixirs "To Be Saved for later use???"

This makes no sense what so ever to me. What am I missing please?

Thank You, Scarlet ShadowStone
I'm confused about how this works too! Thank you for asking, I hope someone will be able to explain it.

Sparck do you know how this works please?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
From what I recall of test notes, this is for some future "dropped" elixirs.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
I don't think we can do anything with the elixir tab yet. I had tried moving a couple of mana elixirs I had gotten playing Grub Guardian [which were in the gift window] to the backpack tab, but couldn't figure out how to do it without triggering and using the elixir.

The April 2019 game update notes state:

"There is a new backpack tab for Elixirs. Look for elixirs as loot in the future! Elixirs will continue to be auto-equipped when you purchase them from the Crown Shop or equip them from the gift window or craft them."

Adding the tab appears to be in preparation for when KI adds elixirs as loot drops. I haven't seen anything suggesting when that might be, what bosses/treasure chests/etc might drop elixirs, or what elixirs might be dropped. It would certainly be great to have some of the elixirs now available only for Crowns purchase as drops, though. Maybe KI will also allow for storage of purchased, gifted or crafted elixirs as well.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Angus Goldvault on Jun 4, 2019 wrote:
I don't think we can do anything with the elixir tab yet. I had tried moving a couple of mana elixirs I had gotten playing Grub Guardian [which were in the gift window] to the backpack tab, but couldn't figure out how to do it without triggering and using the elixir.

The April 2019 game update notes state:

"There is a new backpack tab for Elixirs. Look for elixirs as loot in the future! Elixirs will continue to be auto-equipped when you purchase them from the Crown Shop or equip them from the gift window or craft them."

Adding the tab appears to be in preparation for when KI adds elixirs as loot drops. I haven't seen anything suggesting when that might be, what bosses/treasure chests/etc might drop elixirs, or what elixirs might be dropped. It would certainly be great to have some of the elixirs now available only for Crowns purchase as drops, though. Maybe KI will also allow for storage of purchased, gifted or crafted elixirs as well.
If you read update notes on the website you will see what I mean. It states exactly what I wrote above. I understand it is not activated yet. But it still seems when it is activated, there is going to be a contradiction....based on what it actually says. It says one thing in the beginning paragraph,..... and turns right around and says the opposite in the next.

Oh Well

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
hopefulz33 on Jun 5, 2019 wrote:
If you read update notes on the website you will see what I mean. It states exactly what I wrote above. I understand it is not activated yet. But it still seems when it is activated, there is going to be a contradiction....based on what it actually says. It says one thing in the beginning paragraph,..... and turns right around and says the opposite in the next.

Oh Well
That was exactly what I found confusing by it too! It seems to contradict itself and I couldn't work out how both parts could be correct. Maybe we'll be able to purchase them somewhere other than the crown shop? IDK, it's confusing! Hopefully it will all become clear soon