Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

utilitycorns part 2?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Hi Victoria Fireheart,

I had a follow up question to the utilitycorn post, but it was locked:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/pets/utilitycorns-d-8ad6a4266343f5b20163729bd6941e10?page=3

I was wondering if you have any advice about adding the new big energy (and maybe epic fishing luck) to the utilitycorns you made (and that I copied out of the kiosk). I know that you can only manifest 5 talents, so I was guessing I'd just use one for gardening (gold miner plus gardening pixie plus the three energy talents) and one for fishing (epic fishing luck plus reveal fish plus the three energy talents). But my focus is really on the big energy talent since i'm much more into gardening than fishing. Do you have any posts written about how to add talents to a pet? I did some searching in the forums but was unsuccessful

Thanks so much for all of your help!!

Best Wishes,

Katie

(apologies if this goes through twice - I got an error message the first time, so I'm retyping from memory)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
RillaArcania on May 14, 2019 wrote:
Hi Victoria Fireheart,

I had a follow up question to the utilitycorn post, but it was locked:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/pets/utilitycorns-d-8ad6a4266343f5b20163729bd6941e10?page=3

I was wondering if you have any advice about adding the new big energy (and maybe epic fishing luck) to the utilitycorns you made (and that I copied out of the kiosk). I know that you can only manifest 5 talents, so I was guessing I'd just use one for gardening (gold miner plus gardening pixie plus the three energy talents) and one for fishing (epic fishing luck plus reveal fish plus the three energy talents). But my focus is really on the big energy talent since i'm much more into gardening than fishing. Do you have any posts written about how to add talents to a pet? I did some searching in the forums but was unsuccessful

Thanks so much for all of your help!!

Best Wishes,

Katie

(apologies if this goes through twice - I got an error message the first time, so I'm retyping from memory)
Hi hi!

We're connected already and I'll watch out for you online (Rowan Daisyweaver and mine is Olivia Dreamblossom).

Could you just check your pool for me? Is it (top to bottom):

4 Epic (Fishing Luck)
2 Rare (Reveal Fish)
3 Ultra-Rare (sharpshot)
4 Epic (goldminer)
2 Rare (Gardening Pixie)

4 Epic (crit striker)
3 Ultra-Rare (death ward)
3 Ultra-Rare (relentless)
3 Ultra-Rare (Huge energy)
4 Epic (Ultra Energy)

I just want to confirm (as best we can) that we're working from the same pool, then I can look into the positioning of the additional talents and see if I can find (or make) a suitable hatch

I haven't upgraded the ultilitycorns or the corgis...but maybe it's time to

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Victoria FireHeart on May 15, 2019 wrote:
Hi hi!

We're connected already and I'll watch out for you online (Rowan Daisyweaver and mine is Olivia Dreamblossom).

Could you just check your pool for me? Is it (top to bottom):

4 Epic (Fishing Luck)
2 Rare (Reveal Fish)
3 Ultra-Rare (sharpshot)
4 Epic (goldminer)
2 Rare (Gardening Pixie)

4 Epic (crit striker)
3 Ultra-Rare (death ward)
3 Ultra-Rare (relentless)
3 Ultra-Rare (Huge energy)
4 Epic (Ultra Energy)

I just want to confirm (as best we can) that we're working from the same pool, then I can look into the positioning of the additional talents and see if I can find (or make) a suitable hatch

I haven't upgraded the ultilitycorns or the corgis...but maybe it's time to
Hi Victoria,

First, thanks for your response! I definitely didn't mean to give you a task to update your utilitycorns - I'm happy to do work toward adding these talents myself. I just don't have a lot of experience with building a pet or adding on to a pet, and the advice seems to be a little all over the place. I have found a few pets in the kiosk that seem to have all the traits I want - but since I don't know what traits are hidden, I wasn't sure if there was a more nuanced way than just kind of brute force keep hatching with the same ones until I determine that I actually did add Big Energy. I'm happy for whatever advice you can give.

I will definitely keep my eye out for your character each time I sign on to water my plants. I'm more often on the character I'm currently leveling, Abigail Dragonsinger, although I know that doesn't help for keeping an eye out.

My current unicorns/corgi is:

4 Epic (Fishing Luck)
2 Rare (Reveal Fish)
3 UR (sharp shot)
4 Epic (gold miner)
2 Rare (gardening Pixie)

4 Epic (critical striker)
3 UR (either death ward, fire-dealer, relentless, or mana bounty - I don't know)
3 UR (either death ward, fire-dealer, relentless, or mana bounty - I don't know)
3 UR (Huge energy)
4 Epic (Ultra energy)

Thanks again for all of your help and advice! I specifically search for your posts because they are so helpful.

~RillaArcania

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
RillaArcania on May 17, 2019 wrote:
Hi Victoria,

First, thanks for your response! I definitely didn't mean to give you a task to update your utilitycorns - I'm happy to do work toward adding these talents myself. I just don't have a lot of experience with building a pet or adding on to a pet, and the advice seems to be a little all over the place. I have found a few pets in the kiosk that seem to have all the traits I want - but since I don't know what traits are hidden, I wasn't sure if there was a more nuanced way than just kind of brute force keep hatching with the same ones until I determine that I actually did add Big Energy. I'm happy for whatever advice you can give.

I will definitely keep my eye out for your character each time I sign on to water my plants. I'm more often on the character I'm currently leveling, Abigail Dragonsinger, although I know that doesn't help for keeping an eye out.

My current unicorns/corgi is:

4 Epic (Fishing Luck)
2 Rare (Reveal Fish)
3 UR (sharp shot)
4 Epic (gold miner)
2 Rare (gardening Pixie)

4 Epic (critical striker)
3 UR (Huge energy)
4 Epic (Ultra energy)

Thanks again for all of your help and advice! I specifically search for your posts because they are so helpful.

~RillaArcania
Awesomest awesome!

Ok, so I've been a busy wee wizard this weekend

We're working from the same pool (99% chance after all your hatches)

I've snagged the talents from the kiosk, done 35+ hatches and trained 20+ to ancient, 2 finals to mega haha...yep I got the crowns rewards for the purreaus and energies hahaha

Sooo...idk what you want/need most...the outcome or the method so I'll start with the outcome

I now have 2 corgis at max stat with our new pool that includes epic fishing luck and big energy. It 100% has big energy and 99% has epic fishing luck (it's being incredibly annoying in manifesting but tests have not disproved it...I am still trying to prove100% it is definitely epic fishing luck). So we can use my new corgi and work together on changing your pool and manifesting the new talents (and full combo you want).

The method was simple but long:
I hatched with a pet that had both talents manifested, highest stats and fewest complications to the pool reading. I got the 2 talents into pool and then maxed the stats. Then got the perfect pool at max stats with the talents still there and the stats perfect...next part is manifesting the right ones. I was lucky because both talents passed to the pool from the kiosk hatch, but then lots of fails when they didn't pass to the baby while maxing it...or passing but no change in stats.

So...any questions? And would you like to hatch and continue this corgi project together?

PS...I haven't done it onto a unicorn yet because I don't want you to lose the body. We want you to get it on the corgi for OP results

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Wow - that's really amazing! Seriously. And also exciting.

I'd love to learn more about figuring out what makes a good (uncomplicated) pool to hatch with out of the kiosk (I've read a bit on the Project O site and know a little about rankings, but still figuring out what makes something easier or harder).

I'd absolutely love to meet to continue the corgi project. I'm sorry I keep missing you online - the Wizard I do my pet hatching on isn't my current main wizard - I have just been logging on with that wizard, taking care of my plants and occasionally hatching to see if I can get just big energy to be added to the pool. :)

Anyway, given the delays on the forums, I thought I'd put a few times here and you can let me know what works best for you. I am in the Eastern timezone (EDT currently), so I know we have some time zone matching issues.

Thursday 5:30am EDT - 6am EDT (I can log on quickly before I go to work, but not ideal - and I don't get home from work until mid evening)
Friday 5:30 am EDT - 6am EDT (again - I can log on quickly before I go to work, but not ideal)
Saturday 9am EDT - 2pm
Sunday anytime after 9am EDT
Monday anytime after 9am EDT (I have the day off from work - yay!).

Again, really wow! And thank you so much for putting the pet together this weekend - I can see it was a ton of work! I am grateful that you took so much time and effort to put together the pet.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
RillaArcania on May 22, 2019 wrote:
Wow - that's really amazing! Seriously. And also exciting.

I'd love to learn more about figuring out what makes a good (uncomplicated) pool to hatch with out of the kiosk (I've read a bit on the Project O site and know a little about rankings, but still figuring out what makes something easier or harder).

I'd absolutely love to meet to continue the corgi project. I'm sorry I keep missing you online - the Wizard I do my pet hatching on isn't my current main wizard - I have just been logging on with that wizard, taking care of my plants and occasionally hatching to see if I can get just big energy to be added to the pool. :)

Anyway, given the delays on the forums, I thought I'd put a few times here and you can let me know what works best for you. I am in the Eastern timezone (EDT currently), so I know we have some time zone matching issues.

Thursday 5:30am EDT - 6am EDT (I can log on quickly before I go to work, but not ideal - and I don't get home from work until mid evening)
Friday 5:30 am EDT - 6am EDT (again - I can log on quickly before I go to work, but not ideal)
Saturday 9am EDT - 2pm
Sunday anytime after 9am EDT
Monday anytime after 9am EDT (I have the day off from work - yay!).

Again, really wow! And thank you so much for putting the pet together this weekend - I can see it was a ton of work! I am grateful that you took so much time and effort to put together the pet.
Awesome! Here are the times I'll go to Dworgyn hatchery, I'll be on Fiona Frogfinder (will try to remember to log on Olivia as well - she's a different account and does not own the new corgi!) :

Thurs 5:30pm EDT (10:30pm my time) - totally expect to be fine
Fri 5:30pm EDT (10:30pm my time) - almost certain but small chance I might be at friend's still
Sat 9am EDT (2pm my time) - totally expect to be fine
Sun 9am EDT (2pm my time) - totally expect to be fine
Mon 2pm EDT (7pm my time) - sorry might have apts during the day so can't plan for earlier than this

If you miss or can't make any of the above don't worry (that's why I responded with lots) and once we meet up we can arrange the next time/s that suit us

As to the uncomplicated pool thing (we can look at some together when we meet and you've got plenty of time - eg not when you've got work straight away) the steps I did was:

1. Listed pets with epic fishing luck and big energy manifested
2. Worked out their relative stats - looked at total and also maxed bars (there weren't any maxed bars!) Weighed up how hard they'd be to max fully - maxed bars are great because they're not going to get stuck very close and take a bunch of hatches for 1 point etc...it can be better to take a pet with lower overall stats with a couple of maxed bars than 1 that is a bit higher over all but needs all 5 stats maxed.
3. Looked at the pool - one pet I ruled out had loads of epics near the top, making it hard to know when epic fishing luck was moved. Another had a bunch of rares near big energy making that tricky to see too.

Then I just looked at all the info gathered and decided which were the best of a bad bunch lol...and went with the one I thought was least annoying!

I also checked the positioning of my talents and their manifested talents to help me know if the epics/rare were actually near epic fising luck or big energy or just perceived to be within that pool.

Made up example (I don't have the notes I made to give a real one):

my pool has gardening pixie (156-160), then crit striker (175-176), then death ward (221-225), relentless (254-259) THEN we want big energy which is (245-278) followed by huge energy (262-279) and untra energy (263-288)

If there's has big energy (245-278) and a bunch of rares above it, if the next one up is manifested and shows Health Gift (181-184) I can know that it should be easy to see if the rare is big energy because of my talents between big energy and health gift.

The easiest way is avoiding other talents of the same value (eg rare, epic etc) this wasn't possible, hence the 99% sure the top epic is epic fishing luck, rather than 100%

I hope that helps and we can look at some pool reading when you have time if you'd like to

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Hi Victoria!
Thank you so much! So the Thursday and Friday times probably won't work - I won't be home from work yet (sorry - I had chosen a kind of ridiculous 5:30 in the morning time for myself - which I also realized this morning was likely not the best idea as I am so not a morning person ). Anyway, I'll be online on Saturday and Sunday at 9am EDT (2pm your time) and we can get all set up then. Sorry I missed you for today, but wanted to chime in here hopefully in time so you won't waste time tomorrow (Friday).
Thank you again and see you online on Saturday morning!!
~RillaArcania