Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Deckathalon Glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
When I tried to do the ice deckathalon none of my firecat treasure cards would show up. I even tried a deck of just the firecats and my character didn't pull any cards. Is this a glitch or is there something preventing me from pulling them because they're all enchanted with gargantuan?

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
I have this glitch too. I was using Tempest enchanted with Gargantuan.

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
First and major problem: none of my attacking treasure cards show up, only sprite treasure cards.
In this case how are people in the leaderboards get 800 points, are they hacking?
Second can we use our own crafted, bought and enchanted treasure cards or only treasure cards crafted inside the deckalathon event

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
SmudgePaste on May 13, 2019 wrote:
When I tried to do the ice deckathalon none of my firecat treasure cards would show up. I even tried a deck of just the firecats and my character didn't pull any cards. Is this a glitch or is there something preventing me from pulling them because they're all enchanted with gargantuan?
I have a similar problem with my storm. The only cards that show up are the heals.

Survivor
May 28, 2016
SmudgePaste on May 13, 2019 wrote:
KI have made it so that any enchanted cards will not appear when fighting in the Deckathalon.

I found this out myself when none of my meteors were appearing.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
hi;
all are enchanted with gargantuan that the reason why they are not allowed
you can use crafted bought and won TC but none can be modified by a sun spell.

so no enchant and no modification like storm bat into fire bat.

this is for balance the difficulty ; a max lvl can't use the moon spell of krysalys for example like the storm shark who do huge damage for 3 pip and steal a pip from the target or using tons of gargantuan they got during the adventure

Kane GoldenFlame

Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
I noticed something. I received Special Event Points in other prisons and dungeons during this event. I received 2 points in the Red Thorn Tower and 4 points in the Harlequin Tower in Avalon. I received these points on my Myth wizard who I never put through the event.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Some of what is described above is not a glitch but more like what was intended.

Enchanted and Mutated Cards are not allowed to be used with the Deckathalon Event.

This as mentioned before is to allow extreme fairness within the activity.

This is also why pet stats are also not reflected within battles nor your gear.

That being said, you can only use regular treasures to participate in the event.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Check your mana if your card are not lit up. I’m high level so my cards showed but were greyed out and I didn’t realize why. I had not had to worry about mana till this event. One tip someone gave me was use a deck with a big TC area and that also has a tear drop then use a mana increase on the deck. I still want to know how the leaders though have over a 4K score. I did all 4 stages and a few extra and I only have like 110 points and it was had getting that so something is a bit fishy with those leaders. Hope fully Kingsisle will check the scores to see if they are legit.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2012
Sorry, but this event is glitched and for one loosing patience with it. I made it to stage 4 on the second level with lots of health and mana (I increased mana with deck) left over. However, while I have many extra TCs left over in my deck, it wont let me pick any as they do not appear. So, I am left there just waiting to be killed without being able to do anything. This not the first time that it has happened.

I also have skepticism about those people that have reached so high levels in points.

It may have been a nice thought of introducing a new challenge but this is another example of dividing the community when so many are complaining already of not only the difficulty but the obvious disparity between those on the leaderboard and others.

There are still issues with lag and connection, fix those before anything else so that the game is more reliable and can be enjoyed.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2014
As I was playing through the ice deckathalon the past few days I noticed that some of the rewards for the point milestones in the yellow bar are not shown correctly.
The 350 point milestone displays a novice socket wrench when you click on the icon, but when you claim the reward it actually gives you a grandmaster socket wrenchThe 460 point milestone displays a rockhammer's jewel pack but when you claim the reward it only gives you ONE jewel instead of the pack itselfThe icon for the 570 point milestone displays an improvement rune and gives you that exactly once you claim the reward, but it shows a superior ice rune when you click on the icon
I also think it would make things more clear if the point milestones actually told you how many of the item it shows it would give you (the fire rune and augumentation rune tiers reward you with multiple runes for example).

These are just some things I thought should be changed.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
It was probably not a glitch if the cards you cast were TCs. If you open the dialogue from Gamma in the upper right corner of your screen, You will see "Use a Treasure Card in Combat" limit of 20 per day.

I hope this answers your query.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2012
Still having issue with TC's not showing up. I completed level 1 of stage 4 and when I got there, I had full health and nearly full mana (up to 74 with jewel on my deck). I started out with 32 TC's and when I got to level 2 had 24 remaining. After using only 3 and still having full health and mana, I was not able to pick any more TC's from deck. Only two showing on board and not able to pick. Pass or flee were the only 2 options until guess what, I was done in.

I reported this yesterday and others have also done that. What is going on and why am I going to try this again?

I know that you brought this event to bring in an interesting new addition but I feel that somehow I am going to get off this challenge when I also see that some players have managed to get to an incredible amount of points that is beyond me.

Sorry but if this does not get fixed, there is no pleasure fair or fun as Spark stated.

Administrator