Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm pets for lvl 80?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2015
I'm a level 83 storm and I need a good pet. Where can I go to farm? What bosses drop good storm pets? I don't have any experience in hatching or anything.

- Melissa Blade, level 83 Diviner

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Melissa Blade on May 13, 2019 wrote:
I'm a level 83 storm and I need a good pet. Where can I go to farm? What bosses drop good storm pets? I don't have any experience in hatching or anything.

Rather than looking to get a first generation pet as a drop I'd recommend hatching for a good pet

Take a look at your stats and decide which you'd like to see boosted.

Common Storm wizard choices are:

Damage...lots of damage!
Damage and critical mix

Sometimes (especially if solo) a storm wizard will choose to also have some universal resist and/or a maycast heal (where our pet sometimes does a cheat heal!).

As to the body of the pet: most people look at the cards that come with that appearance. Some types of pets come with cards as an additional standard part of them. These unlock at different stages of training and are always the same (eg every Babydactyl will give a storm blade at baby, a storm beetle at adult and a storman at epic - these are addition to the talents you will unlock through training).

Pet cards can not be enchanted and pet blades count as a different kind of blade than trained ones, so they will stack if we use them

When deciding what body to go for most people look at the cards to choose useful ones. The second thing some of us look at is whether the pet is cute/fits our look etc...imo, having a useful pet that also looks cool is fun

You will need to train one of your pets to adult to be able to hatch with it. You could look in the kiosk for nice pets or if you'd like me to help you just let me know

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Melissa Blade on May 13, 2019 wrote:

Try to get an Enchanted Armament. They give Sharpened Blade item cards that stack with normal Sharpened Blades! There are a lot in the Hatchmaking Kiosk, or if you want one fresh, they can be dropped by Gladiator Dimacherus. (I'd try the first option, though. Dimacherus is HARD)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Try looking at the Hatchmaking Kiosk in the Pet Pavillion.

The kiosk features numerous storm pets ranging from different abilities and traits.

I'm sure you're bound to find a few that you'll like.

No need to waste time "farming a boss for a pet" when good ones are already available at the Kiosk.