Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potential Ideas For The Devs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2014
I'd like to start off by saying I love this game. I've been playing for forever (what I'm sure is close to a decade now) and I only love it more and more with each passing day. I've grown to appreciate it even more over the past week (it's my spring break and it's literally all I can do) and, as such, I've gotten a few ideas.

1. Finished The Location - it would be great if after you've finished a location, every single quest (side & main), if you could flick a switch in the options (think of the "classic mode" slider we currently have in graphics) where you could turn off the baddies wandering the streets and just be able to explore the place and take it in without the fear of being pulled into battle. There a whole lot of places I'd love to explore (like Krokotopia, for one) but there's just so many battles to avoid that it's hard to take it all in. I know the artists and devs behind this game had to have put in a lot of time and effort to get it to what it is now and I'd like to be able to appreciate it. Especially if you've "saved" an area, it'd be cool to see the villains go away. (Note: this feature should only affect the player that has it turned on so everyone else can still play and fight to their heart's content).
  2. Epilepsy - this one is a major issue for me. I have epilepsy and a lot of the newer graphics are just... Flashing lights. I've noticed over the years that it's just gotten flashier and flashier and I'd hate to have to just give up the entire game because of some not wise development issues. Could you please put in a epilepsy friendly option in the graphics? Even classic mode doesn't really help. I'd even be willing to pick this one over the previous idea (which I've been thinking on for years now).

If anyone else has any other ideas, feel free to add them!

Administrator
holmes1998 on May 3, 2019 wrote:
I'd like to start off by saying I love this game. I've been playing for forever (what I'm sure is close to a decade now) and I only love it more and more with each passing day. I've grown to appreciate it even more over the past week (it's my spring break and it's literally all I can do) and, as such, I've gotten a few ideas.

1. Finished The Location - it would be great if after you've finished a location, every single quest (side & main), if you could flick a switch in the options (think of the "classic mode" slider we currently have in graphics) where you could turn off the baddies wandering the streets and just be able to explore the place and take it in without the fear of being pulled into battle. There a whole lot of places I'd love to explore (like Krokotopia, for one) but there's just so many battles to avoid that it's hard to take it all in. I know the artists and devs behind this game had to have put in a lot of time and effort to get it to what it is now and I'd like to be able to appreciate it. Especially if you've "saved" an area, it'd be cool to see the villains go away. (Note: this feature should only affect the player that has it turned on so everyone else can still play and fight to their heart's content).
  2. Epilepsy - this one is a major issue for me. I have epilepsy and a lot of the newer graphics are just... Flashing lights. I've noticed over the years that it's just gotten flashier and flashier and I'd hate to have to just give up the entire game because of some not wise development issues. Could you please put in a epilepsy friendly option in the graphics? Even classic mode doesn't really help. I'd even be willing to pick this one over the previous idea (which I've been thinking on for years now).

Thanks for being with us for this long!

#1 is a great idea. I myself personally love exploring games like this afterward. I've achieved what I wanted to achieve, and now I just want to roam around.

#2 I'm sorry to hear about that. My mom has epilepsy as well, so I can understand your situation.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2017
holmes1998 on May 3, 2019 wrote:

These are amazing ideas!! I was just going to suggest more Pet Pavilions, like another one in other worlds, but this is a great idea I have epilepsy, too, but it isn't triggered by flashing lights, I hadn't even thought of what would've happened if it was...