Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Auction House: Alternative Trading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Wizard City has many insignificant areas that makes a player feel like that area is a hassle to travel through.

The area that is brought to focus today is the Shopping District.

Ironically; nobody shops in the Shopping District. Most people spend their time shopping at the Bazaar. While the Magic Mirror, Jewel Shop, and Dye Shop are significant additions, I still feel Wizards should be visiting the shopping district to buy items. This is indirectly asking for a Shopping District revamp but also an idea that popped into my head.

The highly requested feature to trade more than just treasure cards with other players.

Now I understand many reason why this is may be heavily disregarded as a hassle and an unhealthy addition to the game, but to have a completely moderated non-player operated system may be a way to bring player trading to the game.

The Auction House would be located in the Shopping District; specifically the either house located in front of the Commons tunnel.

"No auction" will create a problem for this idea, so items should be labeled differently. This auction house would function where players different currencies to purchase items depending of the rarity of the item.

For example, gold as a currency to "auction" tedious but easily obtainable items. This could include school insignia gear, and reagents.

Another less common currency would be used hard to obtain items; possibly arena tickets. This could include skeleton keys and socket wrenches.

Finally; pet related items (in my envision) would be purchased with hatch peppers. Possibly pets as well. Now you young wizards may be asking, "Why would I ever auction my quintuple resist pet?" to which I answer, there would be a significant reward for auctioning a pet to a player who doesn't have that pet registered in their pet tome.

I understand there are many flaws to this system, but remember; Test Realm exists.

Thanks for reading!