Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Origins

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
*SPOILER WARNING*

I've been looking into the lore of Wiz and our character and found some things that contradict each other. In the Wizard City quest 'Old Men', where we interview Ambrose, Gamma and Bartleby about the history of the Spiral, Gamma tells us "every world is connected along the Spiral, even yours!". However, in Empyrea/Arcanum aren't we told that we are from outside the Spiral?

Furthermore, in that same quest, Bartleby refers to the Titans as his children. But in Empyrea Part 2 through Raven's dialogue we learn that the Titans are Raven and Spider's children. Not to mention that in Bartleby's dialogue he says only he and Raven were present when the Spiral was born - not even mentioning Spider. I doubt his missing eye could make him forget one of the three gods of Creation. (I know this task was written in the first arc, but perhaps change the dialogue to be more in-line with current lore)

So my question is this, and perhaps staff could clear up these contradictions: Is our Wizard from inside the Spiral, or outside? And why would Bartleby not even mention Spider or that the Titans are Raven and Spider's children and not his?

What other plot holes have you guys found while adventuring in the Spiral?

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Shadow of the Past on Apr 9, 2019 wrote:
*SPOILER WARNING*

I've been looking into the lore of Wiz and our character and found some things that contradict each other. In the Wizard City quest 'Old Men', where we interview Ambrose, Gamma and Bartleby about the history of the Spiral, Gamma tells us "every world is connected along the Spiral, even yours!". However, in Empyrea/Arcanum aren't we told that we are from outside the Spiral?

Furthermore, in that same quest, Bartleby refers to the Titans as his children. But in Empyrea Part 2 through Raven's dialogue we learn that the Titans are Raven and Spider's children. Not to mention that in Bartleby's dialogue he says only he and Raven were present when the Spiral was born - not even mentioning Spider. I doubt his missing eye could make him forget one of the three gods of Creation. (I know this task was written in the first arc, but perhaps change the dialogue to be more in-line with current lore)

So my question is this, and perhaps staff could clear up these contradictions: Is our Wizard from inside the Spiral, or outside? And why would Bartleby not even mention Spider or that the Titans are Raven and Spider's children and not his?

What other plot holes have you guys found while adventuring in the Spiral?
I think I can help a bit here

On the first one. Our wizard could very well come from a world thats status within the spiral is debatable. It could be, for lack of a better world, alien to the rest of it. a world drifting without a home until it found the spiral (lorewise at least, that wouldnt apply to our real world of course).

Bartleby could be intentionally trying to forget the spider, perhaps? IIRC, the spider was a villain or some such. The same applies to the titans being refered to as children. Or he could see them all as his children as well, much like many real world uncles and aunts