Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Revamps!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
I've come back to the game after awhile and looking at Wizard City's updated graphics, I have to wonder if we'll also be getting classic spell revamps? The spells from the past days of Wizard101 (I'd say up to the level 58 spells) are very far behind graphically and with Wiz city including updated models of some, I hope spell graphic updates are on their way too. After all, it'd be odd to have an updated Skeletal Pirate model in Unicorn Way but the spell's model is the same grainy, pixelated model we've had.

I'd like to hear others' opinions on if/when the revamp should happen and what the spells could be changed to to be more dynamic. I'll start, and with the Death school as it's my current wiz.

Dark Sprite - using updated Dark Fairy (or Fairy Queen) model, change the dark blue particles to something maybe more shadowy?

Ghoul - PLEASE get rid of the "lightning" sound effect (we aren't Storm!), change shovel's blue light to be more ghostly as if we are pulling an actual small spirit from the enemy, then having that ghost redirected to us as health

Banshee - using updated model, maybe make her scream have ghostly sound waves to emphasize the loudness

Vampire - slow down the wing speed (looks a little hectic) and make his particles flash red when he bites, then he spits the red essence out for health

Skeletal Pirate - 3D bubbles instead of 2D card textures and updated models

Wraith - new model and maybe make his effect blur the enemy a little while he attacks (similar to a Dementor in HP) with a small light being what he takes from them, the light gets bigger and more spectral-like as it's turned into health

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
A few spells have definitely seen an update in animation and overall appearance.

Some are:

Storm Lord
Frost Giant
Fire Elf
Scarecrow

But, I do agree, a majority of the lower tier spells do need a massive re-vamp!

While I've noticed a few minor upgrades to these spells from the 2010 era when they were heavily used, more can still be done.

Especially in the schools of and

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Shadow of the Past on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
I've come back to the game after awhile and looking at Wizard City's updated graphics, I have to wonder if we'll also be getting classic spell revamps? The spells from the past days of Wizard101 (I'd say up to the level 58 spells) are very far behind graphically and with Wiz city including updated models of some, I hope spell graphic updates are on their way too. After all, it'd be odd to have an updated Skeletal Pirate model in Unicorn Way but the spell's model is the same grainy, pixelated model we've had.

I'd like to hear others' opinions on if/when the revamp should happen and what the spells could be changed to to be more dynamic. I'll start, and with the Death school as it's my current wiz.

Dark Sprite - using updated Dark Fairy (or Fairy Queen) model, change the dark blue particles to something maybe more shadowy?

Ghoul - PLEASE get rid of the "lightning" sound effect (we aren't Storm!), change shovel's blue light to be more ghostly as if we are pulling an actual small spirit from the enemy, then having that ghost redirected to us as health

Banshee - using updated model, maybe make her scream have ghostly sound waves to emphasize the loudness

Vampire - slow down the wing speed (looks a little hectic) and make his particles flash red when he bites, then he spits the red essence out for health

Skeletal Pirate - 3D bubbles instead of 2D card textures and updated models

Wraith - new model and maybe make his effect blur the enemy a little while he attacks (similar to a Dementor in HP) with a small light being what he takes from them, the light gets bigger and more spectral-like as it's turned into health
May I add a few more?

Rebirth- New Bartleby? With or without his eye????

Sereph- Lady Oriel in her new version

Cyclops- Obviously this one will have to be updated, especially if we plan to leave them small as in test realm.

Minotaur- New Version (coming)

Evil Snowman- Have the opening look just like Angry Snowpig

Colossus- New Version

And personally, I would love if the sound of the leprechaun could change.. because that sound is SO overheard.

This is probably a hard thing, and also wouldn't they have to change the castle magic spells?