Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buy back membership is useless mostly

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 30, 2010
This weekend the membership benefits is buy back for training points. It is the most useless membership benefit unless you made a mistake with your spells (Like picking a secondary school and find out later that is was a bad idea) or to get the master of shapes badge (The one that you can get by getting all the moon spells in the game).

A lot of people including myself do not need this anymore. So can we please get a double membership event when this happens since 90% of the community do not use this benefit anymore? I would recommed doing double rewards from daily and buy back at the same time.

Again I believe this is useless for a lot of people. Yes again it is only useful for those you made a mistake with their spells and those who want the master of shapes badge but for most it is just another benefit that we have wait though until next membership benefit

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
God life wizard on Apr 6, 2019 wrote:
This weekend the membership benefits is buy back for training points. It is the most useless membership benefit unless you made a mistake with your spells (Like picking a secondary school and find out later that is was a bad idea) or to get the master of shapes badge (The one that you can get by getting all the moon spells in the game).

A lot of people including myself do not need this anymore. So can we please get a double membership event when this happens since 90% of the community do not use this benefit anymore? I would recommed doing double rewards from daily and buy back at the same time.

Again I believe this is useless for a lot of people. Yes again it is only useful for those you made a mistake with their spells and those who want the master of shapes badge but for most it is just another benefit that we have wait though until next membership benefit
"That is a bad idea"
I hate to argue something mostly irrelevant, but it is totally fine to have a secondary school. It may not be "meta", but it's fun. Same with Moon. I plan to go for both.

Anyways, I very much agree on this anyways. A double benefit when this is the case would be amazing.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I don't think running another benefit is necessary during training point buy back since we're getting tons of benefits now but it's certainly not a bad idea!

You're right that it is only utilised for Master of Shapes or correcting mistakes. I'm glad it's a benefit because loads of people correct mistakes they never thought they'd be able to afford to. Running out of training points for essential spells is not a fun place to be stuck!

My first wizard bought back twice (before it was a benefit lol) because of bad choices...off-school spells and then moon spells because they look fun. Yep, bad move...two bad moves lol. It still smarts a little to think how much it cost to fix...but I learned and none of my wizards messed up after the first.

With the current flow of regular benefits I don't think it necessary to add another while this is on...but I agree it would be nice to have double dailies or something at the same time

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
many people such as myself us this to stock up on tcs we transmuted by training the spell, making a ton of cards and buying back the training points.

Thinks like thunderbird (mutate pheonix) and deadly minotaur (mutate minotaur)

So yeah its not entirely useless even for people who made no mistakes.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Jasmine3429 on Apr 8, 2019 wrote:
many people such as myself us this to stock up on tcs we transmuted by training the spell, making a ton of cards and buying back the training points.

Thinks like thunderbird (mutate pheonix) and deadly minotaur (mutate minotaur)

So yeah its not entirely useless even for people who made no mistakes.
You tricky trickster, what an excellent idea! Thank you for sharing, that's a totally awesome idea I'd never even considered!