Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 - Marketing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
Wizard101 is a game that has formed an amazing community with allot of amazing and talented people. Eventually, the player base slowly started to decline over the next couple of years after 2011 due to some people losing interest in the game. Kingsisle, back in 2009-2012, were marketing the game like crazy. They were paying channels on television to advertise the release of Celestia, which they later did for Zafaria. This marketing caused many players to join the community, eventually creating a strong fanbase for the game. As I mentioned before, eventually some players left the game for their own reasons. Eventually, marketing started to halt, and as of 2017, the only form of marketing Kingsisle seems to be doing is online marketing, which seems to not be very effective, as the fanbase for the game keeps declining. Since Kingsisle seems to have lost an interest in drawing in new players, at least not through TV or other ways besides posting some flimsy ad on some random website, they are starting to lose profit. The layoffs that happened a while ago is a big example of how Kingsisle is being affected by this and I hate to see them suffer like this, especially when a couple years ago the community was thriving with players. I propose that Kingsisle finds some sort of way to attract new players to the game. I know, Kingsisle, you may not have enough money to fund a marketing campaign, but at this point, if you don't attract new players, the game will suffer tremendously. I hate to be that one guy, but Kingsisle, if you can't attract more new players the game will die off, and as a member of this community I don't want to see that happen. Although you still are staying afloat due to the people who still play this game, that will not last forever if this keeps up. Please don't take this as criticism, as I am only trying to point out a big problem.

I remember when Unicorn Way was thriving with new players........Kingsisle, please, do something to attract new players to the game........I'm begging you.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Kitkat8170 on Mar 15, 2017 wrote:
Wizard101 is a game that has formed an amazing community with allot of amazing and talented people. Eventually, the player base slowly started to decline over the next couple of years after 2011 due to some people losing interest in the game. Kingsisle, back in 2009-2012, were marketing the game like crazy. They were paying channels on television to advertise the release of Celestia, which they later did for Zafaria. This marketing caused many players to join the community, eventually creating a strong fanbase for the game. As I mentioned before, eventually some players left the game for their own reasons. Eventually, marketing started to halt, and as of 2017, the only form of marketing Kingsisle seems to be doing is online marketing, which seems to not be very effective, as the fanbase for the game keeps declining. Since Kingsisle seems to have lost an interest in drawing in new players, at least not through TV or other ways besides posting some flimsy ad on some random website, they are starting to lose profit. The layoffs that happened a while ago is a big example of how Kingsisle is being affected by this and I hate to see them suffer like this, especially when a couple years ago the community was thriving with players. I propose that Kingsisle finds some sort of way to attract new players to the game. I know, Kingsisle, you may not have enough money to fund a marketing campaign, but at this point, if you don't attract new players, the game will suffer tremendously. I hate to be that one guy, but Kingsisle, if you can't attract more new players the game will die off, and as a member of this community I don't want to see that happen. Although you still are staying afloat due to the people who still play this game, that will not last forever if this keeps up. Please don't take this as criticism, as I am only trying to point out a big problem.

I remember when Unicorn Way was thriving with new players........Kingsisle, please, do something to attract new players to the game........I'm begging you.
if i had the money i would definately help, however unfortunately i am not able to win the lottery lol, however i wish KI the best of luck in the future

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

It is still being advertised on TV. Mostly on Children's channels but it is still there quite often.

It is also still School term and that reduces the player base for most of the year.

Many chose to leave the game due to college and no longer have the time to play. Others don't have the FUNDS to maintain a constant membership or crowns.

KI had the layoff because the dropped the Mobile games they were working on. Therefore, they did not need that many employees.

There are still many more players than you can imagine. The fact the upper realms are crammed with multiple areas tells the story. Especially on weekends.

The game is still very much alive.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013

Yeah, KI is doing to something to satisfy the people who still play the game. One day will there be anyone to satisfy?

I agree. If nothing is done now then this game will SURELY die.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Thank you for your concerns, your feedback is appreciated, and please know that we are still advertising Wizard101 and will continue to find new ways to obtain faithful players like yourselves in the future. We have no plans of stopping production of Wizard101, and both it and KingsIsle Entertainment are doing well.

In regards to the Reduction in Force that happened last year, our official statement to the press was as follows: "To verify, many talented employees were released as part of a reduction in force today at KingsIsle Entertainment, and we wish them the best. This coincides with a couple of unreleased mobile games being cancelled. The strategy is to refocus our efforts on our MMO games and polish our more promising mobile projects, many of which are still slated for a 2016 release. Fans of our MMOs should know that Pirate101 is soon to receive an update and will be going to Test Realm most likely next week. Wizard101 has new content updates in the works for both Summer and Fall 2016."

Thank you for your support!