Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Add an Option to clear the Chat Box.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
I know this may sound like I am whining but maybe in a future update, we could get a little thing where we can clear our chat box? I just had a conflict with another wizard (not including any names) while I was helping a friend in Mirror Lake. He kept on sending me hateful messages (yes I did report him and put him on my ignore list). I just want a feature (or a little button we can click on) so it clears out our chat box so I don't have to see those annoying messages. And yes, I do know there is a way to clear out the Chat Box, which requires you to exit out of your wizard then enter back into the game. (Which is something I find quite tedious especially when I am talking with friends or a group of people in-game. Hopefully this can become a new feature in Wizard101!

Kayla IronCaller 97
Kayla DeathCaster 65
Wolf Blood 31

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
KaylaIronCaller on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
I know this may sound like I am whining but maybe in a future update, we could get a little thing where we can clear our chat box? I just had a conflict with another wizard (not including any names) while I was helping a friend in Mirror Lake. He kept on sending me hateful messages (yes I did report him and put him on my ignore list). I just want a feature (or a little button we can click on) so it clears out our chat box so I don't have to see those annoying messages. And yes, I do know there is a way to clear out the Chat Box, which requires you to exit out of your wizard then enter back into the game. (Which is something I find quite tedious especially when I am talking with friends or a group of people in-game. Hopefully this can become a new feature in Wizard101!

Kayla IronCaller 97
Kayla DeathCaster 65
Wolf Blood 31
Not saying that this is a bad idea, in fact using a key to "clear messages" could be very useful. Right now, I suggest that you and your friends keep talking so that the disturbing talk gets shoved up the chat box line which makes it no longer visible.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Good idea.

You can also just go back to the 'schoolroom' and then back into the game and that will clear the chat box history.

But that is impractical if questing with others.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
Not saying that this is a bad idea, in fact using a key to "clear messages" could be very useful. Right now, I suggest that you and your friends keep talking so that the disturbing talk gets shoved up the chat box line which makes it no longer visible.
I actually like your idea better!

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
You can also adjust the size of the chat box (drag one of the corners) make your chat window small enough so the bad stuff scrolls off quickly!!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
KaylaIronCaller on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:

Kayla IronCaller 97
Kayla DeathCaster 65
Wolf Blood 31
Yes totally Agree

Even if you ignore, they can keep chatting you with the Rudeness unless you log out.

Good suggestion.