Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

transmute spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2013
where do i find the agave nectar transmute spell? or does it even exist ......... if it doesnt how do i get it

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Popol Vuh Whitepaper sells this recipe. He's located in Alto Alto, in the treetop bird village. You will have to quest to a certain point and 'rescue' him before he will sell anything to you.

It used to be that you couldn't buy the transmute spell until AFTER you'd completed the Eagle War Shield crafting quest. I think they've changed that now. But even so, it's been my experience that the process of gathering enough agave to transmute it into the Nectar will provide enough Nectar as a rare drop that, in the end, I don't end up needing to transmute anything after all.

As for the Potent Trap ... that's the one that stalls most people. You can't trade for it, craft it or buy it. It's only available as a drop from certain boss battles and the drop rate is extremely low. My Balance was half-way through Khrysalis before she finally got a Potent Trap.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Ghosthorn70 on Feb 26, 2017 wrote:
where do i find the agave nectar transmute spell? or does it even exist ......... if it doesnt how do i get it
You can find it from Popol Vuh Whitepaper in Alto Alto, Azteca. You have to rescue him first in the main storyline quest before you can purchase his crafting recipes.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 85+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Hey Ghosthorn70, You can find the Transmute agave nectar recipe at Popol Vuh Whitepaper for 1000 gold. He is found in Alto Alto, it takes 15 agave leaves to make 1 nectar. Agave nectar can also be dropped from harvesting agave leaves.

Good Luck And I hope to see you in the Spiral!

Main Andrew Storm 120
Malvin Hawkblood 115

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Ghosthorn70 on Feb 26, 2017 wrote:
If you are looking for the recipe in order to craft the "Eagle War Shield", you can't do that. You actually have to COLLECT the Agave Nectar as stated by Oztomeca. You can't buy or transmute the reagents for this crafting quest. The Agave Nectar isn't that hard to get if you farm the Agave Leaves in Mangrove Marsh.

You won't be able to buy any recipe in Azteca or upper worlds until you complete this quest.

Until or Unless KI eases certain aspects of crafting at this point and upper worlds, please follow the Dialog instructions. If you have already gotten past this I apologize in advance for assuming you are working on the "Shield" quest.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
DragonLady1818 on Feb 27, 2017 wrote:
If you are looking for the recipe in order to craft the "Eagle War Shield", you can't do that. You actually have to COLLECT the Agave Nectar as stated by Oztomeca. You can't buy or transmute the reagents for this crafting quest. The Agave Nectar isn't that hard to get if you farm the Agave Leaves in Mangrove Marsh.

You won't be able to buy any recipe in Azteca or upper worlds until you complete this quest.

Until or Unless KI eases certain aspects of crafting at this point and upper worlds, please follow the Dialog instructions. If you have already gotten past this I apologize in advance for assuming you are working on the "Shield" quest.
You're actually wrong. When I was doing the Azteca crafting quest I used transmute Agave Nectar.

Correct me if i'm wrong but you collect the Agave Leaves from Mangrove Marsh.

I had a lot of extras so I bought the transmute spell and used it.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Mirajane7887 on Feb 28, 2017 wrote:
You're actually wrong. When I was doing the Azteca crafting quest I used transmute Agave Nectar.

Correct me if i'm wrong but you collect the Agave Leaves from Mangrove Marsh.

I had a lot of extras so I bought the transmute spell and used it.
It probably changed, as Freshta mentioned. Back when Azteca and that crafting quest first came out, you could not buy the recipe until you became a Transcendent Crafter.

If this has indeed changed, I'm glad. It was a pain when you couldn't transmute it.

Agave Leaves are found in a few places in Azteca. Mangrove Marsh is the first area where you can get them, but I realm hopped through Alto Alto and Cloudburst Forest more than I did Mangrove Marsh. More plants, less chance of getting pulled into duels trying to get to them.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2016
I am having a hard time finding sunstones. I also do not know where to get the transmute sunstone. Could someone please help me with this?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
imdanani7167 on Apr 16, 2017 wrote:
I am having a hard time finding sunstones. I also do not know where to get the transmute sunstone. Could someone please help me with this?
Sunstones can be transmuted from Sandstone, which in turn is transmuted from Stone Blocks.

If you have patience, gardening is the best way to slowly gather Sunstones (and many other rare reagents!) over time. The following plants drop Sunstones:

Deadly Helephant Ears
Evil Magma Peas
King Parsley

Fickle Pickle (available in Bazaar)
Maelstrom Snap Dragons (drops in Celestia & Dragonspyre)

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
I was reading where someone asked to have a transmute sonic spring. I say why not?? You sure can't get any from the packs! I wasted to many crowns trying ugh. If it was that easy to get one from the bosses it claims to get them from...heck I would of had a lot by now and I don't even have 1 :/ So I say bring on the transmute sonic spring PLEZ! Or I just won't craft anything that needs these off the wall reagents. :P TY

Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
How do I get the card crafting table to transmute spells? Who sells it?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
88keys98 on May 6, 2017 wrote:
How do I get the card crafting table to transmute spells? Who sells it?
Any furniture store on any world from Wizard City up through Dragonspyre. It's a "Card Crafting Table" and will cost you 1500 Gold.

Alia Misthaven