Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spamming Cooldown

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
It's a problem that pretty much most PVP players out there have faced.
Spamming.

A way to fix this having a cooldown. I posted about this another post regarding having the ability dodging being added to the game. But decided to spread my idea by making a post on it.

We cannot use a spell more then 3 times or so. There will be a cooldown for it, maybe 2 minutes? Not sure about the time, but something along those lines.

This applies to all spells. Okay maybe not wand attacks. Since i've had situations where a mob or player has health that is low enough for 3-4 wand hits to deal with, but not drawing any of my other spells lol.

Thoughts and improvements?

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Mirajane7887 on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
It's a problem that pretty much most PVP players out there have faced.
Spamming.

A way to fix this having a cooldown. I posted about this another post regarding having the ability dodging being added to the game. But decided to spread my idea by making a post on it.

We cannot use a spell more then 3 times or so. There will be a cooldown for it, maybe 2 minutes? Not sure about the time, but something along those lines.

This applies to all spells. Okay maybe not wand attacks. Since i've had situations where a mob or player has health that is low enough for 3-4 wand hits to deal with, but not drawing any of my other spells lol.

Thoughts and improvements?
Apply it to all spells?! Yikes.

The is such ways to deal with spams. One way is to essentially-

let them spam!

It may seem silly, but while they're clicking the same spells over and over without concern, you can start misleading them into thinking they're in a safe position and corner them within a matter of a couple moves.

A lot of spammed spells are 4 pips. Let them use them until they get low on pips, then make your moves quick! They will have exhausted their pip pool in an attempt to regain the tempo of the match.

You can also try to reduce the pressure of spammed spells by spamming spells of your own! Also, why not try using more spells with double effects to gain yourself some advantages. These don't always have to be the popular spammable spells!

Example:
Savage Paw can break shields and increase the damage for your next spell!
Thunderbird can break shields and also increase the damage for your next 3 hits!
Winter Moon can tip the scales and decrease your opponents moves with Freeze (ice stun) when using after one another!
Death Minotaur is definitely an advantage that death could use! A double hit spell!
Keeper of the Flame is underrated, but helps with boosts overtime damage with it's trap on overtime damage like King Artorious or Basilisk!
Wings of Fate! Not only good for 2v2s, they are great for breaking shields overtime and healing those spams hits for the next couple rounds!

Take a break from PvP and play around with strategies! You'd be surprised what combos you can make Just my opinion.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main

Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 85+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I see what you mean by cool down, except I don't see how this would be done with the current mechanics. That's why I suggested dodging as it easier to apply then what you suggesting. The main issue I have with this is that most lower level players only need 1 hit to finish a match. Let's say a storm spamming wild bolt: he will kill any level 50 potently with one hit. (50% out going plus feint plus unversable blades.) The same applies to all classes. Just substitute defence for damage. One has high resist and a lot of tc pet or normal and then it's gg. That is the main problem with low level pvp. pvp does not really need a restricting one usage but a way to remove them all together or make them highly useless for future.

Instead after using a card the next time you use it should be minus 90% damage. This will prevent people from spamming it. King isle would just need to create a pvp filter for any spells under 5 pip