Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

post-fight mob dialogue improvement

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Sometimes after defeating some mobs there will be quest dialogue where it gives you some information or something. Sometimes there's so much of it that the player is likely to get caught in another fight if they sit there listening to it.

Pirate101 has a solution where some quest dialogue appears in word balloons under the menu chat button, and I was thinking about how the dialogue around the Malistare fight in Dragonspyre used to be done with what could be described as chat boxes with voice acting. I'm thinking Wizard could solve the problem with a similar aesthetic to that.

Dialogue triggered by completing a battle (most instance fights can be excluded) should cause an NPC of whatever needs to talk appear (only visible to whoever it's talking to) and say it's dialogue with those voice-acted chat-boxes. Once it's done talking, it disappears. They should appear where the duel circle that triggered them was, since the location of the fight can be unpredictable. Statements by the narrator should be done by a disembodied chat box created by an invisible NPC.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I should amend this with an additional bit that should be obvious, but I'll state it anyway just in case. If the speech comes from an NPC following the player, the chat box will come from the players version of the NPC.