Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Races

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2010
So I have been thinking about this idea of if you could choose your race instead of just being a human. I have always wanted to be a marleybonian or mander. I mean its just and Idea but I would like to know if other people thought this might be a good idea

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Like many things in this game, I'd love to see it, but it'd be too much work for something a lot of people wouldn't really care about.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
Like many things in this game, I'd love to see it, but it'd be too much work for something a lot of people wouldn't really care about.
They could do it with transformations, already available for 500 gold for 1 hour in the crown shop. Just add some more options and increase the price for longer durations or even make them into stitchable gear for permanent.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
You have transformations so you could pretend maybe?

Otherwise no, you'd have to create more storylines suited to the race of which the player chooses. It's called Wizard101 for a reason.

But I dig the idea of playing another game from KI as another race apart from Human.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Mirajane7887 on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:

Otherwise no, you'd have to create more storylines suited to the race of which the player chooses. It's called Wizard101 for a reason.

But I dig the idea of playing another game from KI as another race apart from Human.
Not necessarily, you could have a draconian wizard, maybe a marleybonian. The only real issue is the gear and how to re-design each piece for the new race.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
For it to truly work they would have to retool the game. It'd be easier for them to make a completely new game. If they ever decide to try another spin off a la Pirate101, it could be a good idea.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
desertcrocodile27 on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
So I have been thinking about this idea of if you could choose your race instead of just being a human. I have always wanted to be a marleybonian or mander. I mean its just and Idea but I would like to know if other people thought this might be a good idea
They should give innate stats, for example a higher resist.

Speaking of which, so should the schools.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Mirajane7887 on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:

The term 'wizard' has never been specific to humans.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Ryan DayBreaker on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
Not necessarily, you could have a draconian wizard, maybe a marleybonian. The only real issue is the gear and how to re-design each piece for the new race.
Maybe they could all be humanoid, so the gear doesn't have to be remade.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Heuna on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
For it to truly work they would have to retool the game. It'd be easier for them to make a completely new game. If they ever decide to try another spin off a la Pirate101, it could be a good idea.
You didn't make much of an argument for this.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Fable Finder on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
You didn't make much of an argument for this.
That was an incredibly rude response that did not add anything to the discussion, fable.

Anyway, making more options for transformations and having longer-lasting durations seems reasonable.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Starblood653 on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
That was an incredibly rude response that did not add anything to the discussion, fable.

Anyway, making more options for transformations and having longer-lasting durations seems reasonable.
I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was just hoping for some elaboration.