Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Reward/Bonus Idea

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2016
I originally posted this on the Crafting Board looking for that communities input before bringing it here. But as after a month no one commented, I thought it was time to bring it here for everyone to discuss and offer their thoughts and input. I ask that you consider this and give it input both good and bad.

As we advance in crafting level and ability from Novice to Champion, I believe we should gain or attain increased abilities and capabilities.

What do I mean by this??? Consider the following...

In the real world as you grow in experience you naturally improve your abilities. These improvements come in the forms of efficiency, higher quality of product and numerous other items. But within the game as you grow we simply gain rank and are able to craft more complex items. But should not as we gain rank and perform have items that are simpler also become more efficient and with better results? In Wizard101 the items we craft are designed so they do not change stats or anything, but we should still be able to improve our ability in some fashion. For that reason, I am proposing the following idea for consideration.

As you improve your level moving from Novice to Apprentice and onto the higher levels we should see items like cold down times reduce maybe by 10% of the cool down time for each level above the required level to make the item. Hence if we only need to be a Novice Crafter to make the items and we are a Master Artisan we would get a 40% reduction in cool down time to use the crafting slot again. This would mean a maximum reduction for a Novice item of 90% when you attain Champion Crafter.

Now once we attain Master Artisan from Balthazar Dragonthorn we could start seeing other rewards. These rewards would come in the form of either a reduction in material required for lower level items or a chance for some regents to be returned to the crafter. These would be the most logical form of reward, but others ideas could include a x% (lets say 5 for the following piece of the discussion) opportunity for a second item to appear in the backpack.

Starting with Grandmaster Artisan we could have a 5% chance and at Champion Crafter a 25% for items that are Master and below. Now I am not saying it has to be limited to Master and below, we could go all the way to Champion, but logically we would not want a 1 in 4 chance for a Champion item from a game balance mindset. But still the idea would provide for growth and consideration of crafting as more than simply side quests and related experiences.

Think of these rewards and bonuses like the return of regents and odds of getting a second copy of the item sort of like our luck stats for fishing, when you consider we do not gain experience directly for crafting, but simply complete a few tasks and are awarded the next level. Where we do have to gain experience to level both fishing and gardening.

Just some thoughts, you may comment as you feel.

Thanks

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
i personaly like this and its a unique idea. but if we only needed to be a novice crafter to make things anyone could craft good gear like the lvl 56 gear without going through CL. they would just need get lvl 50 which you can get before you finish DS if you do all the side quests.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Jan 10, 2017 wrote:
i personaly like this and its a unique idea. but if we only needed to be a novice crafter to make things anyone could craft good gear like the lvl 56 gear without going through CL. they would just need get lvl 50 which you can get before you finish DS if you do all the side quests.
I think what he's saying isn't that any crafting level can make all levels of crafting items, but rather that a novice crafter making a novice item wouldn't reap the same rewards as a champion crafter making that same item.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
so example being.... a novice crafted sword, needing 20 seconds of cooldown and 5 nickle 5 iron 5 ore... as a novice i use what ever i make, and have 1 item slot....

Champion, i have 9.... and making the exact same sword... i have a cooldown of 2 seconds... and get 2 nickle, 2 iron, 2 ore back.... basically.....

how about once you become a legendary... you can craft jewel slots.... but way it works is have a deck with a square socket, and you wanted a triangle, you can craft a triangle socket and put it on the deck, changing the square to triangle