Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes that could help pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
Despite the new update about the changes to reshuffle, there are still allot of issues regarding pvp. The most common issues are jade users and wizards with allot of heal boost. I've been thinking and i came up with ways to make pvp great again. The answer is quit simple. My first idea is to make different modes for pvp. The modes would consist of classic pvp and quick match pvp. This is allot like the tournaments. For those who don't want matches lasting for hours would probably join quick matches. For those who like somewhat long strategic matches they would most likely join classic pvp. Classic pvp would have restrictions limiting the amount of resist or heal boost a wizard can have thus discouraging a jade user.

The last idea i propose is to have a time limit to pvp. Time limiters would prove to be effective. This would discourage some wizard who's only strategy is to stall for time until the other wizard flee's. After the match (Once the time runs out) , I think it would be best if both wizards not gain nor lose their rank points (In other word a tie). An alternative to this idea would be to let Diago decide the winner.

So kingsisle these are the things i suggest that would help pvp be great again. I really hope you guys found these suggestions good. One of the activities i like doing in the game is participating in pvp. I really want to see some changes.

(For wizards who also agreed with these ideas, i encourage you to post similar topics such as this one until wizard101 knows this is what we want)

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Feedback avenger on Jan 4, 2017 wrote:
Despite the new update about the changes to reshuffle, there are still allot of issues regarding pvp. The most common issues are jade users and wizards with allot of heal boost. I've been thinking and i came up with ways to make pvp great again. The answer is quit simple. My first idea is to make different modes for pvp. The modes would consist of classic pvp and quick match pvp. This is allot like the tournaments. For those who don't want matches lasting for hours would probably join quick matches. For those who like somewhat long strategic matches they would most likely join classic pvp. Classic pvp would have restrictions limiting the amount of resist or heal boost a wizard can have thus discouraging a jade user.

The last idea i propose is to have a time limit to pvp. Time limiters would prove to be effective. This would discourage some wizard who's only strategy is to stall for time until the other wizard flee's. After the match (Once the time runs out) , I think it would be best if both wizards not gain nor lose their rank points (In other word a tie). An alternative to this idea would be to let Diago decide the winner.

So kingsisle these are the things i suggest that would help pvp be great again. I really hope you guys found these suggestions good. One of the activities i like doing in the game is participating in pvp. I really want to see some changes.

(For wizards who also agreed with these ideas, i encourage you to post similar topics such as this one until wizard101 knows this is what we want)
or they can nerf jade or just ban it from pvp

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
I was thinking of a similar thing: after the 50th turn either team may flee during the planning phase without penalty.

Another thing would be to give everyone one free ranked match every day, but this is probably going to be controversial.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
cole spellslinger on Jan 4, 2017 wrote:
or they can nerf jade or just ban it from pvp
If jade is nerfed or banned then armor pierce spells and gear need to be nerfed as well.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I completely think that one free match daily would absolutely bring some attention back to PVP.

It would also encourage membership, which makes KI money, by getting people interested in PVP - which is free with membership. One per day isn't enough for the dedicated players, but right now there aren't many.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
Mr Talon on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
If jade is nerfed or banned then armor pierce spells and gear need to be nerfed as well.
Jade user spotted, i repeat jade user spotted.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
DarkAce88 on Jan 8, 2017 wrote:
Jade user spotted, i repeat jade user spotted.
Armor pierce and damage inflation were the result of Jade gear, it's only logical that they would be reduced if Jade gear were to be nerfed, which is what Talon is saying. Regardless, however, Jade gear is not going to be nerfed nor does it need to be. It's extremely useful in PvE and not many people would be happy about it being nerfed at all.