Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor drops are way to frustratingly LOW

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2014
Hi I am a Wizard and I have been getting a whole lot of trouble getting Darkmoor gear and the first time I got the Staff of Malistaires Frenzy the first time I was happy about that so I did it Over and over again and guess what I even killed Malistaire both times shadow and non shadow NOTHING!!. Can I get any tips please if so thank you

NicholasFrostFlame lvl 103 pyromancer

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Firewiz10133 on Dec 23, 2016 wrote:
Hi I am a Wizard and I have been getting a whole lot of trouble getting Darkmoor gear and the first time I got the Staff of Malistaires Frenzy the first time I was happy about that so I did it Over and over again and guess what I even killed Malistaire both times shadow and non shadow NOTHING!!. Can I get any tips please if so thank you

NicholasFrostFlame lvl 103 pyromancer
Either I'm lucky or you're not cause I got all my gear in five runs. How many have you done?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2014
countless amounts of times maybe 20????? it seems like I have done it a million times

NicholasFrostFlame lvl 104 pyromancer

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Firewiz10133 on Dec 26, 2016 wrote:
countless amounts of times maybe 20????? it seems like I have done it a million times

NicholasFrostFlame lvl 104 pyromancer
I don't know what to tell you. Back in the day, when Waterworks just made it's existence, there was a Myth that was quickly conjured (See what I did there? XD) that your position in the boss battles and the amount of times you hit affected the gear you'd received.

Was this so called Myth true?

Well, my experiences has proven that there was a little merit to it.

But I think in the end, one thing that is true though is that it just comes down to luck and nothing else.

Just keep trying Bro, I know it's annoying and depressing.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Hi! I agree with you all the way! Darkmoor is a hard dungeon, therefore it takes a long time to complete. I used to farm for my death boots for hours on end. Until I gave up and decided to go with the rageriders boots. KI Needs to increase the drop rate as players are tired of farming for so long. If you are really tired of farming Darkmoor maybe try out some other gear for your wizard? This is what I suggest:
Hat- Krokopatra Inferno fez
Robe- Bonesmasher robe of flame
Boots- Rageriders boots (It is a crowns item. You can get it from the Road warriors pack)
You can get the gear from the Krokopatra and Rattlebones exalted duels. Sorry about the boots. I didn't really know anything else.Its what I am using since I didn't have good luck with Darkmoor myself. I have realized that the exalted duel gear has a better drop rate. I hope you can get the gear you want. Happy farming! - Shelby Nightbreeze Level 116 Death wizard

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
The average is 30 runs for a full set of gear, having said this, I have wizards who got it in 5 and wizards who took over 100 runs to get it.

Your best bet is to try to farm a team that can speed farm it. After 2 nerfs, it can be done in about 30 minutes by a coordinated team.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2014
So I am just logging on and should I get a group of friends and do the Rattlebones Exalted duel ( I have one)
and then maybe attempt darkmoor if I get the Bonesmasher robe of flame ? And Thanks for the Tips

NicholasFrostFlame lvl 104 Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 08, 2014
BAD NEWS I just figured out that my membership expires on the 31 of December dang it

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Firewiz10133 on Dec 29, 2016 wrote:
BAD NEWS I just figured out that my membership expires on the 31 of December dang it
You can stick to Darkmoor and farm for it again once you get your membership back. Or you can try farming for the gear I suggest which doesn't require a membership. Also, have you gotten any gear from Darkmoor yet?

- Shelby Nightbreeze level 118 wizard
- Rylee Winterbreeze level 17 wizard

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
I kinda agree that the drop rate for some of these bosses is WAY too low. I've been trying to farm Aphrodite II (the plant boss in the last dungeon) and I've done that over 20+ times and by this point, it's given me EVERYTHING BUT what I'm looking for.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2014
WOW I Still cant get my DARKMOOR Gear KI can you make it just a little easier please I really appreciate it if you could by the way the piece I am after first is The Robes Of Malistaires Ire ( I am a wizard)

If you can thanks!

NicholasFrostFlame Level 120
IsaacStormLeaf level 62
TrevorBattlecloud level 37

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Firewiz10133 on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
WOW I Still cant get my DARKMOOR Gear KI can you make it just a little easier please I really appreciate it if you could by the way the piece I am after first is The Robes Of Malistaires Ire ( I am a wizard)

If you can thanks!

NicholasFrostFlame Level 120
IsaacStormLeaf level 62
TrevorBattlecloud level 37
Wow!

Seriously? It's been 3 months since you first posted and still no luck?
You have some serious commitment I'll give you that.

All I can say is good luck?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2014
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what I got!! I just did Darkmoor and finished right now and I am so happy with what I got!!!!!

I got THE ROBES OF MALISTAIRES IRE!!!!!!!!
Now I'm after the Shroud of Malistaires ire

NicholasFrostFlame lvl 120 in mirage
TrevorBattleCloud lvl 45 in celestia
IsaacStormLeaf lvl 71 in Avalon

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Firewiz10133 on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what I got!! I just did Darkmoor and finished right now and I am so happy with what I got!!!!!

I got THE ROBES OF MALISTAIRES IRE!!!!!!!!
Now I'm after the Shroud of Malistaires ire

NicholasFrostFlame lvl 120 in mirage
TrevorBattleCloud lvl 45 in celestia
IsaacStormLeaf lvl 71 in Avalon
Congrats that you got the robe!

Survivor
Mar 08, 2014
Alright thank you so much for your support I have the boots now to but not the shroud but that's ok!!

NicholasFrostFlame lvl 120
IsaacStormLeaf lvl 73 in Avalon
TrevorBattleCloud lvl 50 in Celestia
RonanSummerWeaverlvl 31 in Mooshu