Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life school "Ideas"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 04, 2016
One of my wizards are life level 58 (so they just got Forest Lord). One of my concerns is how it isn't until Level 58life wizards get a multi-attack spell (like hits all monsters). Now I don't wanna sit here and rant about but I think they should add a multi-attack spell before level 58.

One of my reasons is: it is hard to go solo in life like in worlds dragonspyre and celestia
It was hard to defeat minions in the streets because you have to use all of your blades for just one hit on only one monster so I think it would be helpful for a multi-attack spell.

I would like to know what you guys think of the idea. If you agree, want to add on, or disagree I wanna see them all. Thank you for reading this!

jenna

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
While I agree there should be easier ways to get Life AoE's before level 58, I don't think there should be a trainable Life AoE before level 58. There are other TCs like Potboiler & Forest Lord Cub, but these should appear on more gear/pets/have more mobs drop their TCs. In fact, how about a dungeon in Marleybone that drops gear giving all of the clockwork spells? Particularly the Five BOXES clockwork spells like Potboiler. And Forest Lord Cub TCs could drop in MS or GH or DS. Maybe with some gear.

Also, going through Celestia without Forest Lord sounds rough, you should really sidequest some more. I think I was ~level 55 when starting CL. Make sure you've completed GH/WT and have all of the best spells/gear/experience from it before daring go through ZF. Particularly those Blackback Gorillas. If my Balance struggled, your Life certainly will.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
zuhili on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
One of my wizards are life level 58 (so they just got Forest Lord). One of my concerns is how it isn't until Level 58life wizards get a multi-attack spell (like hits all monsters). Now I don't wanna sit here and rant about but I think they should add a multi-attack spell before level 58.

One of my reasons is: it is hard to go solo in life like in worlds dragonspyre and celestia
It was hard to defeat minions in the streets because you have to use all of your blades for just one hit on only one monster so I think it would be helpful for a multi-attack spell.

I would like to know what you guys think of the idea. If you agree, want to add on, or disagree I wanna see them all. Thank you for reading this!

jenna
Note: Treasure Versions of Forest Lord are available for easy purchase, so you didn't necessarily had to wait to obtain the actual cards.

I do see your point, practically everyone did prior to the introduction to the Legendary Level Cap which made Forest Lord came into existence.

Theurgist can also opted to get a pet that gives the Forest Lord card as well.

Or use a Mastery Amulet and train a school such as until Meteor or so. Options are there, in comparison to other schools, they may not be the fairest, but just remember that a life's main role is that of a Healer.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
zuhili on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:

jenna
I play a few life wizards and I know how hard it is to solo through dragonspyre and celestia without a Forest Lord. The're times I thought the same idea you have. Who want's to spend all their game time getting a few hundred Potboiler and Forest Lord Cub and many players cant afford 10,000 crowns for a Mastery Amulets; 5,000 on sale. So I agree with your idea. I would suggest do all side quests possible and dungeons twice. By that time you should reach level 58 before you get to Celestia.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
sKochiya on Dec 23, 2016 wrote:
Make Goat Monk an AoE, 'nuff said.
God no. Deer Knight was the unique way of giving Death an AoE option, having it be a dropped/crafted spell. But that was after a lot of Death wizards complained. Life shouldn't take the exact same route, otherwise it loses its uniqueness. 4 schools get 4-pip AoEs at low-levels from their trainers. Storm gets Tempest, and X-pip AoE, from a spell quest: unique. Death gets Deer Knight, a 5-pip AoE, from Loremaster/Grady/a Crowns pack: unique. Life doesn't get a low-level AoE: unique. I think there should be easier ways to obtain the IC & TC AoEs that already exist in-game, but there shouldn't be a trainable one.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
since the 5 boxes came out, people have been asking for Potboiler to be craftable, even if it's only straight damage without the death shield. The reason for this is because it's a 4 pip spell, and the tc can be obtained at L40 (which is 8 levels earlier than FL). The arguments against allowing this spell to be crafted is because people think it would unbalance Life school and make it much more offensive than it was "supposed to be". While I agree that life should not have as much power as other schools do, having them wait up to 30 levels to get an AoE after the first school can get their is silly. I don't feel an 8 level difference would op life school at all, however, I dont PvP (and you could make this spell PvE only to satisfy that issue) and balance is still maintained. But that is my $.02 USD, YMMV.