Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If you're still considering Membership VS Crowns

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 15, 2009
I'd like to go into detail with this and why the 2 different scenarios will work either way..

First, if you're just creating your wizard, I would definitely go with the 1 year membership for $60. That will definitely give you enough time to beat the game as a whole. When you beat mirage, I would advise to NOT buy a membership. This is because they usually only release one world a year, and if you beat the game... you can't really do anything with a membership except visit older worlds.

You can then buy crowns and buy areas to the Waterworks, Castle Darkmoor, and other dungeons that give you loot or you can just then buy all the areas with crowns until new worlds come out.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I agree new players should avoid spending crowns for areas. Buying all the game's areas with crowns is an investment that will take several years to wind up being cheaper than buying monthly or annual memberships. I strongly feel new players would be much better served playing as members for a few months before making that sort of commitment. I wouldn't advise people to buy an annual membership right of the bat, though. Buy a membership for a month or two and play long enough to be sure you are willing to make that sort of long term commitment before spending your long term money. And keep your eye out for sales and specials. You really should never buy annual memberships or big crown packages unless they are on sale.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
DanTheTerrible on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
I agree new players should avoid spending crowns for areas. Buying all the game's areas with crowns is an investment that will take several years to wind up being cheaper than buying monthly or annual memberships. I strongly feel new players would be much better served playing as members for a few months before making that sort of commitment. I wouldn't advise people to buy an annual membership right of the bat, though. Buy a membership for a month or two and play long enough to be sure you are willing to make that sort of long term commitment before spending your long term money. And keep your eye out for sales and specials. You really should never buy annual memberships or big crown packages unless they are on sale.
Actually, I have to disagree with some parts there.

Buying crowns to get all the areas is not that big of an investment... you simply need $180 (or less) aka 155,000 crowns (get 3 60$ 60,000 crowns and you get like 30,000 crowns leftover) to buy the whole game.

Looking over at membership, it's $60 a year. It may seem long, but in reality it isn't. Once you buy enough memberships that exceed $155 - $180 over time, then now it's a waste of money isn't it? When you could have just unlocked all the areas with that amount of money?

Of course you're not getting your membership benefits, but all that is, is double gardening rewards and pet experience.... nothing too special.

I've bought WC, Krok, MB, MS, DS, CL, and Mirage completely with crowns. If I buy just one more $60 60,000 crowns, I can buy ZF, Avalon, Azteca, KH, and PL. To me it's worth the investment.