Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Other than that, how was the play Mr. Lincoln?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Lincoln --

I am writing about our brief conversation earlier this evening, just after the final battle with Old Cob in Mirage, just after we, you know, saved the Spiral again, perhaps you remember it?

If not, this note will serve to remind you. I'm sure you have watched with enjoyment as I and my questmates traveled throughout Mirage doing battle large and small, and after each battle, watching with amazement as KI filled our backpacks with useless off-school gear, useless off-school gems, reagents for which no recipes call, seeds we will never plant, and treasure cards that we can neither cast, trade, nor sell. Truly the bounty of these items is remarkable, and many times we had to interrupt our busy questing to feed them to our pets or delete them, just to save space in the vain hope that somewhere, somehow, some boss might drop a wand or a pair of boots that gives us some benefit that exceeds oh, let's say the Waterworks gear.

Please don't misunderstand, we were in awe of the cool environment of Mirage, and the wonderful story, the complete characters, the little touches of humor and the pop culture references that abound there. The KI team has done a masterful job with the story, and it is clear they enjoy their work... it is a blessing that they share it with us.

And the challenge of the battles is wonderful, it reminds me of the very early days questing in Wizard City when you were always in jeopardy of being defeated by a devastating blow from some baddie. Kept our attention up, and no question. The last battle with Old Cob set a new standard in grind, to say the very least about it. I was really looking forward to, oh perhaps an athame with outgoing health or something as a drop after the conclusion of that fight.

Imagine my disappointment when the embers of the battle were fading, to see you, Mr. Lincoln, with your smarmy, duplicitous grin, instead of any rewards, and to hear your gleeful reminder that oh my, my backpack and bank are full and bad wizards who let that happen get no goodies, no sirree.

Let me make a suggestion, Mr. Play-it-by-the-Rules. I suggest that you check our back packs when we stand on a sigal BEFORE the battle, and remind us then, when we have a chance to correct our oversight. It's really a bridge too far to let us conjure and sorcererize for two hours in support of Merle Ambrose's galactic ambitions, and to expect us to be happy when our rewards are zero, zilch, nada.

Very unhappy with the drops in Mirage. Everything else is in Mirage is best in the game; the drops are the worst in the game.

Drop less stuff, and better stuff, and for the love of Penny Dreadful, put the routine that checks the backpack and bank capacity at the sigal not after the defeated boss's speech.

Sincerely,

Valerian Duskrider
your loyal alumni