Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NPC Changes?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2015
Recently I have started a new wizard after beating Malestaire (spelling?) with my Myth wizard. As I am doing all of the same challenges I did before, I've noticed some changes.

What happened to Crab Alley? My new wizard has not been given that quest.

Gretta Darkkettle is an imposter! Her voice-once that of a more mature woman has been replaced by a softer, sweeter and gentler younger lady! The voice does NOT match the character! It was very unsettling to both eyes and ears!

So far these are the only "large" differences I have noticed. Just wondering, for us "veteran" players-why weren't we made aware of such changes and what other augmentations have been made? (still can't see poor Gretta with that gentile persona! Eeesh!)

Hoping to see soon

Survivor
Sep 04, 2016
aquaticmario16 on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
Recently I have started a new wizard after beating Malestaire (spelling?) with my Myth wizard. As I am doing all of the same challenges I did before, I've noticed some changes.

Gretta Darkkettle is an imposter! Her voice-once that of a more mature woman has been replaced by a softer, sweeter and gentler younger lady! The voice does NOT match the character! It was very unsettling to both eyes and ears!

So far these are the only "large" differences I have noticed. Just wondering, for us "veteran" players-why weren't we made aware of such changes and what other augmentations have been made? (still can't see poor Gretta with that gentile persona! Eeesh!)

Hoping to see soon
Hi!
I just wanted to let you know that Crab Alley is still a thing.
To get the quest to go to Crab Alley you have to defeat the Kraken in Triton Avenue.
Hopefully that helped!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2015
Nope, sorry. I beat the Kraken and have beaten him three more times with friends and crab alley still will not come up as a quest.

Is it because I'm playing as a Balance wizard?

I went to Crab Alley by porting to a friend, but none of the sigils light up for me, and none of the npc's speak with me.

Any further suggestions

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
aquaticmario16 on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:

Hoping to see soon
Yes, Gretta Darkkettle's voice has indeed changed. I'm not sure how far you have got in this game, but all I'm going to say is, she is seen again deep in the game. My guess is, KI no longer have access to the original voice actor, and they wanted her voice to match the one from the beginning. So, they just re-mastered her voice all together.

Funny you should mention this, because I 100% agree with you. I recently told KI through the latest test realm comments, that Gretta's original voice should be revived. Either they do not actually read the comments, (or consider any) or they no longer have access to the original voice actor. (Greta's voice was recorded back in 08-09, I'm sure her contract is up by now. )

I don't know of any other reason why they would want to change her voice. I understand the comments in test realm pile up, but wow!

Survivor
Sep 04, 2016
aquaticmario16 on Dec 18, 2016 wrote:
Nope, sorry. I beat the Kraken and have beaten him three more times with friends and crab alley still will not come up as a quest.

Is it because I'm playing as a Balance wizard?

I went to Crab Alley by porting to a friend, but none of the sigils light up for me, and none of the npc's speak with me.

Any further suggestions
You also have to be level 13+ and you have to do Blad's quest the miller.
If you did do that then you should contact support@wizard101.com
And no, it doesn't matter that you are

jenna

Survivor
Dec 11, 2015
Well, my wizard for Crab Alley just reached level 53 and was JUST presented with the Crab Alley request

I'm assuming this was just another overlooked error in the game and as luck would have it...it just appeared out of nowhere

It was really quite odd that once my player leveled up that the NPC icon appeared for me to see stormhammer at the mill Weird

Of course at that level, it was WAY TOO EASY XD

Survivor
Jan 15, 2014
the same thing occurred with my wizard did not even know crab alley was even a thing until about level 40 when I actually got the quest!wowzers so weird