Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Magic: Perfection, if one more thing added

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2015
While I am enjoying toying around with the idea of adding castle magic to one of my many homes, I must say, there is one thing that I'm wishing KI had put in and am greatly hoping that they do.

(Would be even better if you can do this and I'm just missing it)

I really hope that KI makes a change so that you can use some kind of castle magic effect on an item or items in your home as a DEFAULT to said home.

Examples:

If I want an area of my home to be invisible until I flip a switch or hit a button. Can't do that now. Can only make it invisible and THEN reappear.

If I want my bone dragon mount to be Darkmoor size ALL the time, I can't do that now. I've got to activate the grow command first.

Same thing if I want me sized bobble heads as I visit my home.

This addition has a lot of potential. But what would really blow the lid off of this update would be the ability to apply changes that the TCs allow as a base state - for whenever you go to your home, not just when something happens while you're there.

Who else would like to see this?

You can already do this with a Magic Start Detector!

It triggers when you first visit your house.

You can use it to set up the initial state of things.

You can use it to make things initially invisible or initially large.

Arthur

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
The manual we get helps some. But does not give instructions on each item. I understand the plate switch and the level, I have no clue what to do with the orbs or the orb stands and some of the objects like the magic computer and the cards that add to it. Can we have better instructions on how to use these. Then we can put them to good use.
thank you.
A tutorial on each item would be great on this web site. Or is there something or somewhere I am missing

Defender
May 02, 2015
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
You can already do this with a Magic Start Detector!

It triggers when you first visit your house.

You can use it to set up the initial state of things.

You can use it to make things initially invisible or initially large.

Arthur
Thank you!

How about this then:

You guys need a "magic refractor."

As of right now, if I want one item in my house to have the same multiple effects happening to it as another item, I need to make up an entirely new magic reflector for that item.

A "magic refractor" would essentially create a profile of effects (say, up to 8 effects) that could be used on multiple items (again, say a max of 8).

I would hope that something like this exists now and that it's just something else I am missing. Please dear lord let this be the case. Because without this, if I want to make a really extravagant house using something like this, I am limited in two very important resources: Gold and house space.

If you guys would implement this (again, assuming it doesn't exist), players could make even better looking houses and be remodeling them for gold in the hundreds of thousands, rather than millions.

Seriously, I am so poor right now. Maybe make TC cheaper too?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Catherine Wilddrea... on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
The manual we get helps some. But does not give instructions on each item. I understand the plate switch and the level, I have no clue what to do with the orbs or the orb stands and some of the objects like the magic computer and the cards that add to it. Can we have better instructions on how to use these. Then we can put them to good use.
thank you.
A tutorial on each item would be great on this web site. Or is there something or somewhere I am missing
How do you open the manual?