Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Penguin

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2015
I ask something need to be changed.
The Snow Barrage should be really change for it base damage.
instead of 85 per Pip. The Snow Barrage should have 100 per Pip.
I'll tell you why

-First it is a copy of Tempest. And it is so weak and useless by copying the tempest
-Second, It is requiring Shadow Pip. Which demand time to get a Shadow Pip. Since there is Shadow Pip, The Damage should be augmented by 15 which = 100/Pip.

Thirdly it is higher level Spell. Tempest is lvl 28 for Storm
While Snow Barrage is lvl 108. No I'm not agree that Snow Barrage is weak like this. 100 per Pip is realistic for Ice at level 108

Personally I find the Snow Barrage is an insult to Ice Wizard player since it so copying the Tempest of Storm

Thank you. I'll await your comment and suggestion

William Shadow Prodigious Thaumaturge

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I think Snowball Barrage could do with an increase in damage to at least somewhat differentiate it from Tempest, maybe an increase of 1 or 2 per pip, but a maximum would have to be around 5. The reasons being, Ice was meant to be, has been, is, and hopefully will continue to be the worst school for damage. With Life as a close second worst, and sometimes interchanging, Ice getting TEMPEST is absolutely ridiculous, so the -pip cost was added to make things fairer. The only reason I support a buff of any kind is that it's an exact copy-paste of Tempest, and a nerf would be much too harsh.

Tl;dr, it needs a buff, but not to an AoE Judgement.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Actually, I just looked up the damage values, and saw that Snowball Barrage already deals more than Tempest. So maybe it doesn't need a buff after all. However, I'm still not firmly against one.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
ice is the polar opposite to storm since day 1, storm has highest attack, and lowest health, ice has highest health and lowest attack, storm is a glass cannon, ice is a iron clad brick wall....

i'm sitting at lvl99 ice, so this is somewhat bias, somewhat actual opinion, ice's has 4 x cards, taunt, mega taunt, ice armor, and frozen armor.... and snow barrage, a ice tempest, being polar opposites.... but i do understand with needing a shadow pip, should be 100, but then balance will complain it's a rip off aoe judgement.... which my opinion, gets annoying how you cant make any x card go over 100 damage, without judgement being brought in

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
camahawk on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
ice is the polar opposite to storm since day 1, storm has highest attack, and lowest health, ice has highest health and lowest attack, storm is a glass cannon, ice is a iron clad brick wall....

i'm sitting at lvl99 ice, so this is somewhat bias, somewhat actual opinion, ice's has 4 x cards, taunt, mega taunt, ice armor, and frozen armor.... and snow barrage, a ice tempest, being polar opposites.... but i do understand with needing a shadow pip, should be 100, but then balance will complain it's a rip off aoe judgement.... which my opinion, gets annoying how you cant make any x card go over 100 damage, without judgement being brought in
Because Judgement is the highest X-pip damage spell in-game. When you go to or above the max, people bring up the max. I, personally, don't complain about it being a rip-off, but rather grossly OP. I don't see how 1 pip can account for an extra 20 damage per other pip. That's 280 more damage, to all. You just added a Humongofrog to Tempest for the cost of 1 pip. And gave it to the weakest school on top of that!

Survivor
Feb 08, 2015
The Judgement stay where it should be. It is lower in level. We are not going to classifying this in.