Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell 'Switch'

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
We all know how difficult it is to win pvp matches at high level, especially when you or your team is second. I found that in high level max 4v4, the team going first usually always wins because they have 4 shots at doing something every time you're able to cast, and can easily ruin your attack with dispels.
So I was thinking, why not a new spell? It would be an astral spell, probably moon, where you can switch who's going first. I'd say a good pip amount to cast this is 3 pips (since astral amulets don't exist). Basically how the spell would work is that whoever casts it gets to go first and it will stay that way until an opponent casts it. If the person going first casts it, their turn would still get switched. Thoughts?

Survivor
Nov 27, 2016
See, that can't happen. How would such a thing even get into a game? The way you explain it, then a team would get a double turn and that is 100% not balanced. (and I do believe this should rather be in The Dorms) :D

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
MirandaSkyWhisper1 on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
We all know how difficult it is to win pvp matches at high level, especially when you or your team is second. I found that in high level max 4v4, the team going first usually always wins because they have 4 shots at doing something every time you're able to cast, and can easily ruin your attack with dispels.
So I was thinking, why not a new spell? It would be an astral spell, probably moon, where you can switch who's going first. I'd say a good pip amount to cast this is 3 pips (since astral amulets don't exist). Basically how the spell would work is that whoever casts it gets to go first and it will stay that way until an opponent casts it. If the person going first casts it, their turn would still get switched. Thoughts?
I like your idea, and very well could work but i propose that the spell cost 4 pips instead of 3 since it scares off more greedy people that like to spam cheap spells. (spoiler but not really) The spell could work like Cob's cheat spell and have the same animation.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
I'd say for KI to put this in a PvP test realm and let people try this out for a while and see if this is better than our current turn system.

Better safe than sorry right?

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Your ideal is interesting, but something like that would be to much. People going first do have a huge advantage, Like first team can Stun, dispel, hit, shield, heal, juju, and ect. I find that not fair considering they get a chance to counter anything thrown at them, if the team going second did that, the team going first can remove or deal with it, but going second it's literally out of your control, unless you have super stats. Not only that the team going first is at a advantage the entire game, yes second team gets extra pip, oh that will sure make things fair 1 extra pip the entire game... when the first team can dispel constantly, juju, do anything before we can even respond they will always be a step ahead just from going first.

KI should change it to a back and forth system. For example..

Say you have Blue team and Red team.

Everyone picks, 1st player on red goes, then 1st player on blue goes, then 2nd player on blue goes, then 2nd red player goes, then 3rd red player goes, then 3rd blue player goes, then 4th blue player goes then 4 red player goes.

This allows half your team to use something first on either side, and therefore more fair then the entire team going first, it's seriously unfair.KI I hope you read this and gain some type of ideal from This! This is just my opinion and ideal, I'm just tired of having things out of My control it's a real nail biter!
Everyone please tell me your thoughts on this!
120 Champion Life

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
Blueman88 on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
Your ideal is interesting, but something like that would be to much. People going first do have a huge advantage, Like first team can Stun, dispel, hit, shield, heal, juju, and ect. I find that not fair considering they get a chance to counter anything thrown at them, if the team going second did that, the team going first can remove or deal with it, but going second it's literally out of your control, unless you have super stats. Not only that the team going first is at a advantage the entire game, yes second team gets extra pip, oh that will sure make things fair 1 extra pip the entire game... when the first team can dispel constantly, juju, do anything before we can even respond they will always be a step ahead just from going first.

KI should change it to a back and forth system. For example..

Say you have Blue team and Red team.

Everyone picks, 1st player on red goes, then 1st player on blue goes, then 2nd player on blue goes, then 2nd red player goes, then 3rd red player goes, then 3rd blue player goes, then 4th blue player goes then 4 red player goes.

This allows half your team to use something first on either side, and therefore more fair then the entire team going first, it's seriously unfair.KI I hope you read this and gain some type of ideal from This! This is just my opinion and ideal, I'm just tired of having things out of My control it's a real nail biter!
Everyone please tell me your thoughts on this!
120 Champion Life
I get your point, but think of how many people would abuse that system some way. Like people could spam cast the spell that makes a person your ally, which already messes up the turns. If people were to knowingly spam this spell, Bugile(ha, just remembered the name) then the pvp turns would just be just a confused whirlpool of spinning that could just end in the match crashing since the computer is trying to figure out who's turn it is.

As someone majoring in computer and science, i'll tell you something, computers are not that intelligent unless you design them to be, if you don't they take everything at face value. Like if i said "Computer, walk across that side walk" The computer would do it, but if their was a giant sand pit the computer would just keep walking, not trying to avoid the trap, get stuck and then nothing more would happen" that is the simplified version.

Basically, if someone throws gum or overly slick oil into the cogs that is the turn cycles, things won't turn out well. There is so much a program can do before its overwhelmed.

Heh, with all this forum helping, they should make me honorary Rat Beard the wizard pirate xD (Check the Pirate101 forums if you don't get what i mean.)

Defender
May 02, 2015
RayBarK on Dec 5, 2016 wrote:
See, that can't happen. How would such a thing even get into a game? The way you explain it, then a team would get a double turn and that is 100% not balanced. (and I do believe this should rather be in The Dorms) :D
Agreed, please post this in the dorms. This would be amazing if this could be trained and in pve.