Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary School for Ice

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hi.

So I have a Ice Wizard. He magically learned Krampus.
I did get bored one day and Trained like the Entire Life school (Forest Lord and Life Trap)
Has various Astral Magics.

I'm not sure, but what do you think is the best secondary for Ice? Should I try and learn Myth Spells and buy an Amulet (I'd love to cast Shatter and Earthquake, but I don't know if it's worth retraining or if I should just find Treasure cards. Also don't know if it's worth trying to get a Myth Mastery Amulet. (I currently have Mastery Amulets for Life, Fire, Death and Storm with my Ice actually having a Balance one from Omen).

What are you're thoughts.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Death to feint, some people like to train up to satyr for life. I don't use mastery amulets because you don't get the school's entire spells and you don't get the school's gear.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
You can't learn shatter or forest Lord. They're the school's quest line. So, I'd recommend Saytr, or feint. (Life and Death)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
exp613 on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
Hi.

I did get bored one day and Trained like the Entire Life school (Forest Lord and Life Trap)

I'm not sure, but what do you think is the best secondary for Ice? Should I try and learn Myth Spells and buy an Amulet (I'd love to cast Shatter and Earthquake, but I don't know if it's worth retraining or if I should just find Treasure cards. Also don't know if it's worth trying to get a Myth Mastery Amulet. (I currently have Mastery Amulets for Life, Fire, Death and Storm with my Ice actually having a Balance one from Omen).

For Ice, the recommended and most useful set is usually:
  • Life up to Satyr
  • Death up to Feint
  • Sun, but only the damaging spells, (Giant, Colossal etc)
  • Get a Life Mastery for (obvious reasons).
  • Don't train Life Trap!

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Certainly get death through Feint. Also pick up Fire Trap in the Arcanum.

Fire Trap + Potent Fire Trap + Ice Prism + Ice Trap + Potent Ice Trap can yield a huge hit on bosses that cheat away feints and blades. Add Elemental Trap and Potent Elemental Trap to the mix if needed.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I'd avoid training a "secondary" school for damage. Train utility spells and buffs that help your main play style.
Elemental blade and trap, sun damage boosts, damage aura, potent trap, sharpen blade for sure.

Death to Feint, Life to Satyr or Sanctuary, Weakness, Reshuffle can be useful too, but wmmv depending if you PvP and if you quest solo or with a team.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Death to feint
Life to satyr (I trained all the all the way to sanctuary since I had extra points).
sharpen blade
potent trap
Azteca Aura (+25% dmg)
sun school damage buffs
Any other astral/shadow stuff that could be helpful.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2014
exp613 on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
Hi.

life it has helped me ALOT get any life spell possible+=

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yeah as an update:

I recently bought back my training points. I bought the Sun Damage Spells (no brainer there.) I also got the Elemental Blade and the new Aegis and Fortify Brace. This leaves me with a bunch of Training Points. I'm not sure if I'd rather have the heal of Satyr or If I'd rather have feint. At the moment. I don't have either. We'll have to see. I understand getting to Fire Trap, but if I'm investing that many training points it is almost to the point that Feint would be better. Still undecided at the moment though. What do you think about the elemental Trap? I don't think I have it at the moment, but as a general rule I much prefer blades over traps.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I wanted to buy back some training points but I didn't see how to do it. It said something about being able to that weekend but, I didn't see anywhere that it explained how.

I would say Fire is a good secondary for Ice but opinions vary.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
SparkleTude on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
I wanted to buy back some training points but I didn't see how to do it. It said something about being able to that weekend but, I didn't see anywhere that it explained how.

I would say Fire is a good secondary for Ice but opinions vary.
It is random weekends when they have certain member bonuses. It's not very well advertised, because I think they want it that way. Normally, I've found that they will have a little notice in the Game Launcher as the game loads. Something like "this weekend members can buy their training points back for free" it happens every few months or so. Anyway when it does happen talk to Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court as you would normally. It will have a crowns price of Zero instead of the actual amount when the event is running!