Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Actual Bazaar auctions?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2009
This might or might not work due to the nature of the items that drop in Wizard101. But in some MMOs I've played there were actual auctions where players would spend ridiculous amounts of gold or currency in that game for rare or sometimes overpowered items. Why not make something similar? It would probably increase sales in crowns somewhat. I think there'd have to be some boundaries of course like maybe the "No Auction" items were ironically able to auctioned off, albeit not all of it like PVP gear and overpowered tc like elucidate. I'll start with things I think they'd need to overhaul for this to work:

A rarity system is probably the most obvious, while there are rare and common items in Wizard101 the only thing that kind of lists it is the no auction/no sale/noPVP this could be enhanced but I wouldn't take it to far because the Wizard101 loot system is kind of simple at face level so there could really only be so many options that wouldn't convolute. This way the quality in the auctions could be divided by either rarity, age, or stats. They could also make a cap amount of certain rare items like one item from the crown shop could have good stats but there's only like 50000 copies of it. Probably like 75% of these would have to be no-pvp. Think how much people would pay for Valor. Dang.

Exploits/glitches/people selling items to other accounts A: they'd only be putting crowns on another account maybe a taxation system of like taking 15% off or something would make this less encouragable although I don't really see a point to that personally. B: People could probably glitch or spam up auctioned items with multiple accounts to make sure they get to buy it. I'd say maybe put a cap on players who could buy an item like 50 players or I don't know how exactly ips work with Wizard101 but maybe make it so only 7 characters maximum on one ip adress can bid.

How exactly it would work; when someone puts something for sale depending on the rarity of the item like say the item is "rare" it could at minimum be auctioned for 500 crowns or 350000 gold or 10000 crowns and gold would kind of leave the stadium at that point or whatever. The auction would last 12-24 hours and every time someone bids it adds an extra 2-3 hours to the bidding. The rarest items like Valor and pioneer dragon pet should probably be uncapped or like minimum 50k crowns to 250k crowns.

They would probably have to tone this down a lot because otherwise it would overshadow the normal looting and bazaar selling system although I don't see why there couldn't be both in some sort of hybrid but I'm running ou -t of space so I might make this 2 parts.

Yeah I'm probably gonna make this 2-parts did I miss anything stupid and obvious? Probably; feel free to correct me lol. I understand this would be a huge but fun overhaul to the game and I'm sure it won't happen but still fun to speculate or whatever. I got most of the ideas from LOTRO which is a good game, they have a good auction system.