Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New items 4 old quests new spells,pets part 1

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
Hello fellow wizards and staff of Ravenwood.

It has been quite a long time since I've been able to play Wizards, so i'm sure that has a lot has changed in The Spiral
but I wanted to post some ideas that I have had, so if any of these are in effect already, I wouldn't have known.
I have noticed a few things around the Spiral since the last time I played that I think KI might have overlooked, maybe,
hopfully these might get added. Please check out my ideas and tell me what you think.

Athough I cannot remember the quests' names, I will do my best to discribe the quests I mention. Are you ready? then
here we go.

First off I would like to suggest a new spell. My primary wizard is from the Death school, so I always thought Death
wizards could use a spell simalar to Meteor Strike and Blizzard. I would call it Apocolypse, or maybe a more family
friendly name might be Black Meteor (something like that). It would cost 4 pips and
attack would be 450-500 and hit all enemies.

For new balance spells I would also like to see the versions of forest lord and heckhound that were used in the spiral cup
gaunlet availble for us to use, as well as a balance version of heckhound for a pet. (I really love those dog pets)

In the first part of Grizzleheim (Savarstaad Pass), the quest where we have to forge the thrice-blessed spiderbane blade.
I think as an additional reward we should've recieved a wand at the end of that quest called of course, thrice-blessed
spiderbane blade. The wand would be level 20 and give one pip, come with 4 ice wand hits, and it would look like a viking
type sword. I think that would look cool.

In Dragonspyre the quest where we help hatch the baby drake, I think an addional reward for that quest should be a baby
drake pet, Fire school of course. Even the adult drake would make a cool mount.

In Avalon the quest where we put together the ostrich mount, I think we should should have gotten our own permannant
ostrich mount as an adional reward for that quest.

In Khrysalis the quest where we help the shopkeeper recover his bug pets, I think after we help him he should become a
pet shop who sells those bug pets. I know the last time I was playing the Trantula Hawk and Pesky Beattle are
available from the crown shop, but I mean it's just an idea. Plus I really like that small dragonfly, I think that
the dragonfly would make a cool pet.

I am also a huge pet collecter, I feel there should be either more pet names, or an option where we can chose to name our
pet or not. In that case it would just display the pet type name (dragon, heckhound, piggle, etc).

I would also love to see a solid (non-see through, non skeletal) and dyeable death school dragon pet. A possible name for
this pet would be Malistaire's Drake.

Another cool death school pet would be Skeletal Pirate.

I have more ideas but not enough room, so please look for part 2 of my post "New items 4 old quests, new spells, pets, and other cool stuff" Thank you.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
the blind oracle on Oct 28, 2016 wrote:

It has been quite a long time since I've been able to play Wizards, so i'm sure that has a lot has changed in The Spiral
but I wanted to post some ideas that I have had, so if any of these are in effect already, I wouldn't have known.
I have noticed a few things around the Spiral since the last time I played that I think KI might have overlooked, maybe,
hopfully these might get added. Please check out my ideas and tell me what you think.

Athough I cannot remember the quests' names, I will do my best to discribe the quests I mention. Are you ready? then
here we go.

First off I would like to suggest a new spell. My primary wizard is from the Death school, so I always thought Death
wizards could use a spell simalar to Meteor Strike and Blizzard. I would call it Apocolypse, or maybe a more family
friendly name might be Black Meteor (something like that). It would cost 4 pips and

For new balance spells I would also like to see the versions of forest lord and heckhound that were used in the spiral cup
gaunlet availble for us to use, as well as a balance version of heckhound for a pet. (I really love those dog pets)

In the first part of Grizzleheim (Savarstaad Pass), the quest where we have to forge the thrice-blessed spiderbane blade.
I think as an additional reward we should've recieved a wand at the end of that quest called of course, thrice-blessed
spiderbane blade. The wand would be level 20 and give one pip, come with 4 ice wand hits, and it would look like a viking

In Dragonspyre the quest where we help hatch the baby drake, I think an addional reward for that quest should be a baby

In Avalon the quest where we put together the ostrich mount, I think we should should have gotten our own permannant

In Khrysalis the quest where we help the shopkeeper recover his bug pets, I think after we help him he should become a
pet shop who sells those bug pets. I know the last time I was playing the Trantula Hawk and Pesky Beattle are
available from the crown shop, but I mean it's just an idea. Plus I really like that small dragonfly, I think that

I am also a huge pet collecter, I feel there should be either more pet names, or an option where we can chose to name our
pet or not. In that case it would just display the pet type name (dragon, heckhound, piggle, etc).

I would also love to see a solid (non-see through, non skeletal) and dyeable death school dragon pet. A possible name for

I have more ideas but not enough room, so please look for part 2 of my post "New items 4 old quests, new spells, pets, and other cool stuff" Thank you.
On the topic of your suggested Apocalypse/Black Meteor, I think what you've suggested is OP. If we look at Tempest, 4 pips will get you 320 damage to all enemies. Meteor gives (on average) 325, and Blizzard deals 270. Your idea, not even for or , would be hitting 475 to all. If we compare that with the - average (295): then your idea would be 180 damage more; to all enemies. Maybe a 280-320 damage range would work better. But even so, & are unique in that they don't get a low-level AoE; which is a good example of game balance. And got Deer Knight anyway.

I agree on more dog pets, but those spells are mutations of the originals. Throw in a couple mutate TCs or full spells and I have no issues; but they shouldn't be just learnable spells.

I think a wand/athame from this quest would be fun.

Same for the Drake pet.

A permanent mount might be pushing it, but why not a temporary one like the One Day Dromedary in Krokotopia?

The Dragonfly is a hybrid pet in-game.

I'm in full support of more names/no names.

This''d be a perfect drop from an Exalted Malistaire One-Shot Gauntlet. I love it.

There's a lot of skeleton pets in-game. This link in particular will probably help show that. http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Walmart_$20_USA_Gift_Card#axzz4OJuL8vSb. But I have no objections to an actual skeletal pirate pet.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
the blind oracle on Oct 28, 2016 wrote:

here we go.

Deaths only AoE is Deerknight, Scarecrow, Kuthulu, Advenging Fossil, no meteor.....

there's no Balance Forestlord in Spiral cup..... but there is a Blight Hound, pet, and card.... thats the balance version they use...

yeah i was thinking of there should be some reward where we get the drake as a pet... i mean i saw the quest reward being a Drake Egg... and got disappointed it's a housing item, not an actual egg

yeah, that would be nice to be able to lose the name and it displays what species it is

a solid living dragon....... so Fire's 7pip dragon spell..... or Storm's 5pip Catalan...... ya see? not death if it isnt dead

there is one i believe....

Cameron Icemancer 94
Calamity Moon 22
Cameron Lightmancer 41
Cameron Firemancer 4
Destiny Song 19 (second account)