Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advantages to death?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2016
Hey, I'm a level 34 wizard, and I just finished Mooshu. I've begun to train fire as my secondary school, and now that I use fire, I really want to swap to fire as it has a good aoe at such an early level, and I generally like it more as death doesn't have an aoe and isn't even that strong. But I spent so long getting to where I am on my death wizard, that I don't know what to do.

Can anyone show me the advantages to death and why it is good, or if I should just go through all the worlds again as a fire?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Do both. Death's main advantage happens at higher levels. Once you have Scarecrow, it's really easy to solo because your AOE heals to max health every time.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Death and fire are my two main schools because I love them both equally, so I might be biased. Basically, I have found that both are extremely good for different reasons.

I like death because of the health sapping, which can get around a lot of irritating wards like spirit armor. It gets strong pretty quickly in the second arc, or at least I think so, and while the AoE comes much later, it is worth its weight in gold and you will be using it for a very long time. My death is max and I still pack a few crows in with my lulus for mob fights. Aside from soloing about 90% of the game with great ease thanks to health sapping, I've tanked for quite a few boss fights and enjoyed it greatly, as I didn't need a ton of healing like other school tanks might. With lulu's insane AoE damage/healing, I pretty much own boss fights. :P Deaths also make good supports when they can stack both regular and enhanced feints as well as spamming both 20% and 40% weakness. I've found that I am an invaluable support player in 3v3 PvP by just spamming weakness and feint. I've always considered death a sort of swiss army knife school that can switch between solo, team tank and support very easily.

As for fire, obviously the attack power is the most appealing and I really enjoy the flexibility that the variety of AoEs and single-target spells offer. I found that feint was also very handy to have and the only true drawback is the lack of health sapping. I definitely end fights much faster on my fire and use her for farming; fire is much better for a barrage of quick attacks in situations where death is just plain cumbersomee. I'm currently doing a 100% completion run on two fire wizards (2 separate accounts) and it's really fun to quickly buff up and beat the pulp out of enemies.

I would suggest continuing both characters if you can. Mastery of multiple schools will enhance your skills that much more in each individual school.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Hello fellow wizard! I have a max death and fire and I prefer fire over death. But death does have the advantage of healing with almost every attack, so keep that in mind. However, fire is the stronger school out of the two for the majority of the game. Lastly, as a veteran player it takes me about 1 - 3 days to get to Mooshu

Hope I helped! Good luck questing! :)

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Death is a very good school for soloing just like myth. You are not going to just destroy enemies in 3 turns like fire or storm you have to build up blades and traps. This is where feint comes in very handy and hit with, judging by your level Wraith. And if you are low on health use a hit to heal yourself up. Death is not meant to be super hard-hitting class it's a more strategic school like myth, but unlike myth death has heals available throughout the whole game and doesn't require a life mastery

Jordan Nightblood lvl 110
Jordan Stormblood lvl 84
Jordan Fireblood lvl 44
Isabella Frostblood lvl 41
Jordan Battleblood lvl 24