Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mass harvests

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
It seems to me by far the most tedious part of gardening is to run around harvesting all the plants. I can cast grow spells and pest spells that cover the whole garden, but each plant ready to harvest seems to need to be harvested individually. Is there any way to speed this up?

I don't think there is any way to harvest more than one plant at a time, but if I am wrong someone PLEASE educate me. If I am correct, I would like to request Kingsisle implement some sort of area gardening spell or effect that allows us to harvest several plants at once.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
One problem comes to mind with this. How would it handle full TC, backpack, snacks, and reagents? Right now I get a warning and I can stop clear and space or I can ignore it and keep harvesting because I don't care about the particular stuff I'm losing. Frankly I don't see it as a big deal. It takes about 5 seconds to harvest my full gardens of 69 plants per wizard. You just ride over the area tapping the X. The planting took a long time when you had to do it one seed at a time, making the mass planting a real life saver. I'm willing to spend an extra 15 energy to Plant All. I wouldn't spend any energy to Harvest All.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
seethe42 on Oct 16, 2016 wrote:
One problem comes to mind with this. How would it handle full TC, backpack, snacks, and reagents? Right now I get a warning and I can stop clear and space or I can ignore it and keep harvesting because I don't care about the particular stuff I'm losing. Frankly I don't see it as a big deal. It takes about 5 seconds to harvest my full gardens of 69 plants per wizard. You just ride over the area tapping the X. The planting took a long time when you had to do it one seed at a time, making the mass planting a real life saver. I'm willing to spend an extra 15 energy to Plant All. I wouldn't spend any energy to Harvest All.
I don't get how this only takes 5 seconds for you. For me its more like 10 minutes per garden. I can't even harvest a single plant in 5 seconds.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DanTheTerrible on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
I don't get how this only takes 5 seconds for you. For me its more like 10 minutes per garden. I can't even harvest a single plant in 5 seconds.
I don't see how it's possible for it to take that long unless your plants are spread all over and you are entering the gardening mode and clicking on each plant. When plants are ready for harvest, exit gardening mode and you'll pop back on your mount. Ride around through the plants tapping the X button to harvest. 5 seconds is a slight exaggeration, but maybe 15-20 seconds at most. It's basically like hitting the X button to pick up a reagent when you are riding by. It doesn't slow or stop you.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
seethe42 on Oct 16, 2016 wrote:
The solution to this seems pretty straightforward. Harvest until backpack is full, then stop and have Harold pop up like he does when you manually harvest. And yes, this should cost no energy.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
seethe42 on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
I don't see how it's possible for it to take that long unless your plants are spread all over and you are entering the gardening mode and clicking on each plant. When plants are ready for harvest, exit gardening mode and you'll pop back on your mount. Ride around through the plants tapping the X button to harvest. 5 seconds is a slight exaggeration, but maybe 15-20 seconds at most. It's basically like hitting the X button to pick up a reagent when you are riding by. It doesn't slow or stop you.
Thanks. You are correct, I have always been trying to harvest from gardening mode. Your way is much faster.