Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does this annoy anyone?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
when a underleveled person ports to you when you're fighting a boss and helps you
By underleveled I mean like 4 worlds behind you
And they still help you and don't set off your traps
Would you consider this helpful?
Ex. someone around L 20/30 porting to dragonspyre

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
I mean I guess it only ever annoys me when the person that ports to you uses a weak hit and gets rid of your feints, traps, etc. But if they are only there to help and continue to trap and blade you, nah I don't mind that at all. The more the merrier.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It doesn't bother me as long as they help and don't expect me to keep them alive or heal them. I will heal them if I can, but my main concern is gonna be keeping myself alive and defeating the boss. Low levels can be a big help in some boss fights, if only to provide a second target or to keep the battle going while I potion up and return. The first time I defeated Jabberwock was because a level 27 friend ported to me right before I died. I was able to use a potion and port back to him before he died and able to finish the battle full strength without having to start over and kill his minion again.

If you don't want people porting into a battle, turn teleporting off before the battle.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
seethe42 on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
It doesn't bother me as long as they help and don't expect me to keep them alive or heal them. I will heal them if I can, but my main concern is gonna be keeping myself alive and defeating the boss. Low levels can be a big help in some boss fights, if only to provide a second target or to keep the battle going while I potion up and return. The first time I defeated Jabberwock was because a level 27 friend ported to me right before I died. I was able to use a potion and port back to him before he died and able to finish the battle full strength without having to start over and kill his minion again.

If you don't want people porting into a battle, turn teleporting off before the battle.
Agreed, I always turn my ports off because most of the people that port to me always end up fleeing or logging out after they've brought in a monster that I have to kill myself... that's annoying and one timed I died because someone ported at the last sec of the battle and brought another monster in. I barely had health already; the monster stunned do me and it killed me the next round.. the person that ported said "my bad"

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
It's a very minor annoyance. The only cost to me is a little bit of time while that player takes their turn and triggers the spell animations. If they take the full amount of time to select their spells each time, it makes it much worse.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
FluffyMarycorphus on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:
when a underleveled person ports to you when you're fighting a boss and helps you
By underleveled I mean like 4 worlds behind you
And they still help you and don't set off your traps
Would you consider this helpful?
Ex. someone around L 20/30 porting to dragonspyre
I love teaming with all my friends and family; but everyone knows I'm a hardcore player. So, if you can keep up, I say go for it. However, if you blindly teleport into battle and promptly get taken out in one shot; well, you only have yourself to blame (no matter what your level is).

Now, the best advice I can share with all players is:

Always remember to put on your big wizard pants before heading into battle or PvP

For everyone else without big wizard pants:

You're going to love playing Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders!
These games are less intense, and Morganthe, Old Cob, and the Rat aren't attempting to stop you from getting over or through Gum Drop Mountain!

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
I don't care as long as they don't order me around the whole fight. (ex: "Blade me", "Pass", etc)

-Alia GoldLeaf

Survivor
Sep 18, 2014
I really wouldn't care to much if someone ports and takes the shields off enemies and blades you but if they are buggy and use all your traps for weak hits they yea it's pretty annoying.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
One time when I was in Azteca, I was about to die, but luckily some level 20 guy ported in and took a critical storm owl with a blade for me, and I survived and ended up winning.