Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem with the new friends list - puppet problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2015
There has been a problem for me regarding the new friends list recently...
I stopped playing Wizard101 for a while to take a break. That was before the new friend list update. So recently the holidays began and I renewed my membership to return to Wizard101 with the new updates and such. Today, as I was looking through my friend list to see if my friends I made before I took a break are still active. And whenever I click 'inspect' the appear as puppets. The first one I assumed was hidden to friends. But it kept happening to every friend I made before I took a break. It can't be a coincidence that all the people I befriended before has been hidden to friends enabled. Also the friends I made since I returned are the only people whose proper avatar is visible instead of puppets. I know this is related to the friend list being updated because the other times I took a break I could see my old friends with no problem.

Autumn MythDreamer
Kaitlyn DarkDust

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's not a glitch or coincidence. Your account only remembers the info from the last time you checked/saw them while online. If you haven't seen them, your computer hasn't downloaded their info yet. Your computer just doesn't have the information to give you. Until they get online and you check them, there's just nothing to show you.