Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

armorrrrrr help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Alright so i am currently a level 52 life wizard that is doing Celestia and whatnot, and I'm still using my olympus armor from when i was like level 35. I really want to change armor, but i can't seem to find any place that has better armor/gear? Are there good boss drops out there? thank you (also im struggling to solo as a life wizard, any tips)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
You can get better gear from vendors in Celestia Base Camp.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Do Wintertusk to level up a little and craft the gear available there. The level 56 Wintertusk crafted gear is next best to Waterworks for the level. My Life wizard used it up through Khrysalis.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Check the bazaar for gear every two levels, new gear is available at level 52, 54, 56, and 58. As you go up you get bigger and bigger damage bonuses and power pip percentages, the improvement is quite striking. Level 56 and 58 gear can be terribly ugly, though.

Ultimately, you want to bite the bullet and farm the waterworks. The damage and power pip bonuses are nearly as high as the level 58 gear but it comes with extremely helpful universal resist and a small amount of healing boost the bazaar gear doesn't have.

Wintertusk crafted gear can be good, depending if you like the free item card spells it gives. if you never use the spells, they are just clutter in your deck. The hat gives you a + 5% lifeblade that stacks with your regular lifeblade, which is very handy in every duel. The wintertusk robe and boots are not as helpful in my opinion.

If you are not already a grandmaster crafter crafting Wintertusk gear is going to be a seriously arduous task. You can probably get at least 2 out of 3 waterworks pieces (hat, robe, and boots) in way less time than climbing the crafting ranks to grandmaster. Getting that third piece of waterworks gear can take a lot of attempts, though.