Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-16-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and it's time for a new topic of discussion! Let's get to it, shall we?

Today, I'd like to chat about alliances. If you could become best friends with only one faction of creatures from the Spiral, who would it be and why would you become their ally? Would they sell you discounted reagents or potions? Would they protect you in battle? Would they have special crafting recipes? Or.. do you simply like them and think they'd be fun to spend time with? Feel free to use your imagination here . . .

Wishing you a wondrous weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
May 12, 2012
Professor Falmea on Sep 16, 2016 wrote:
It's Friday, and it's time for a new topic of discussion! Let's get to it, shall we?

Today, I'd like to chat about alliances. If you could become best friends with only one faction of creatures from the Spiral, who would it be and why would you become their ally? Would they sell you discounted reagents or potions? Would they protect you in battle? Would they have special crafting recipes? Or.. do you simply like them and think they'd be fun to spend time with? Feel free to use your imagination here . . .

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Gobbler!! Really, we are already friends because he carries me around the Spiral and is just weird and fun to hang with!
- Allison Dragongem

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Dragons I've always liked dragons and I'd would just love to spend time with them but the special crafting recipes also have me intrigued

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009

Best Friends with only ONE!?! I don't know...
Any of the following would be AWESOME:
Celestians -Astral Magic duh!
Owls -They know magics from Avalon
Sirens- That would just be neat!
Ice Giants- They freakin' created ICE magic.
Tritons- Same but STORM
Dragons- again, but FIRE
Yeti- They look cool.
Penguins- I like penguins....
Gobblers, that would be cool too.
Professor Greyrose- Fairies are awesome too, especially Ice Fairies!

Just me thoughts :D

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

My first thought was humans, as they're all across the Spiral in any and every discipline, but that's probably too broad for an idea of a P101 companion for our wizards. Then I thought about the other smart races of the Spiral, and the half ruffian half scientist cats of Marleybone sprung into mind. I'd love to see one of my favourite creatures in all the Spiral, Water Moles, by my side in battle or peaceful magic. Of course every race could help out somehow. The plucky staff of Ravenwood could help in almost anything, Kroks and Manders could give helpful buffs in battle, and the cats, dogs & frogs of Marleybone could give any manner of aid. The Mooshu crew could give helpful fishing luck or gardening rewards, and Dragonspyre's soldiers could serve us well in a fight. And most people in the 2nd arc+ are strong too.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
This is something that was done was kind of done in the game Everquest but I always thought it was cool idea but can be a complicated feature. However if this was a feature I believe I would want to be allies with the owls of Avalon or the fairies of unicorn way.

The idea being that the owls could offer you tips for questing or battle, and maybe give you a discount on reagents or even just having them telling stories about the creatures of the spiral in more detail, like a quest a story and then of course you could add badges for learning all the stories.

The Fairies might be inclined to swoop in and save you in battle with a heal or maybe a needed shield if you were high enough in their favor or come and save your plants if they started to wither while you were away. And of course to win favor with these creatures you would have to do quests or special tasks for them. For a maxed out character like myself at least it would offer something else to do beside log in to do the daily quest.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013

If my wizard could become allies with one faction of creatures. hmmm. I would have to say crabs. They would be fun to hang out with and they would also protect us in battle.

- Michael Rainbowheart lvl 5
- Emily Fireheart lvl 110
- Heather lvl 25
- Tatiana Deathflame lvl 66

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
The Deer Mouses!
If I were to align myself with one type of mob it would be them, they can fight, are honorable and smart, and they dress really well lol

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010

Vampires for sure because for one they are undead so must be hard to defeat and they can fly which must be helpful in someway or another and I am pretty sure they could see in the dark which would be helpful in many ways plus they are from Darkmoor so who couldn't like that!!!

- Robert SeaCatcher

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

The Celestials are incredibly smart and intelligent I would love to be fully allied with them.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015

My experience up to this point being level 80, I would say the Onis would be a great alliance! Make Jade Oni the leader and you could make all of the Oni spells permanent crafted or earned spells. Even an Oni Mastery Amulet so that anyone from any school could use and have all of them.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2016
The Bears of Grizzleheim!!
First off there awesome, and they are loyal courages and strong. And living in Grizzleheim would be amazing!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
My idea may be a bit out of bounds for the question but it would be a great idea for the current arc, the redemption of Malistaire Drake. Having him as a minion or a helper would be awesome and he could give us the means to put the death school back where it belongs, although that would a bit tricky.

Oran Moonhaven

Defender
May 02, 2015
Aphrodite's Tendrils so I can get the dropped spell and energy gear and for my friends too because it takes way too long. I write this as someone who has already gotten everything from her on seven character's. Also, because we're friends, they would create a crafting recipe for Sacred Charge And the other two dropped spells for me and for all other wizards in the spiral so they wouldn't be forced to farm for it *hint, hint, hint, KI*

Defender
May 02, 2015
I'd be best friends with Aphrodite's Tendrils

I'd have an inside friend who would give me the energy gear and dropped spell because farming that takes way too long. I say this as a player that has already gotten all drops across seven characters.

And since we're best friends, I would be able to convince the tendrils to create crafting recipes for their dropped Sacred Charge as well as the other skeleton key boss's spells (Catch of the Day and Burning Rampage) because it's pretty sad that we can still only get those spells from a really rare drop *hint, hint, hint, KI*

Seriously, I forgot to mention this feedback in time for last weeks crafting feedback friday: Please allow us to purchase card recipe's for Sacred Charge, Catch of the Day, and Burning Rampage. This coming from a player that literally Just got Burning Rampage to drop on my fire not even an hour ago.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
There's so many species! But... I think I'd pick the Manders! The poor guys have had to deal with being slaves for a long time and I could see them being good business people too! Selling discounted reagents and recipes and such. Plus, after all they've been through, they could probably use a friend.

Save for Manders I'd love to Allie with the Mooshuians. Them Samoorai, yup!

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Hi what about a panther like the arcanum death scholar they would be a friend to talk to and help in battle a bit

Survivor
Jul 08, 2015
Polaris people or even the mounts you have since wizards already payed for them!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
The Wolves in Grizzleheim for sure I enjoy all dogs and their ancestors. Dogs may be man's best friends but the Wolves in Grizzleheim are this wizard's best ally.

-Blaze FireFlame

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I'd befriend the clockworks or the Celestians. The clockworks because some special crafting recipes to look like wooden constructs and other clockworks would be nice stitches, they also appear to be very powerful. I'd also like some clockwork minion gear. If not them, I'd ally with the Celestians so I could actually find sunstones without killing them all the time. And some high Celestian gear would be nice/

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
EASY peasy. The Gobblers. I want to learn as much as I can about them, their home world, the events leading up to them fleeing said home world. Then I would go there AND TAKE ROYAL VENGEANCE IN THEIR STEAD!!!!!!!!!!! (cue the evil laughter)

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
The Aquilans; in particular the bosses of Tartarus. I'd love to have them tag along with me whenever I have to tackle a difficult dungeon. Hades, Zeus, Poseidon, Cronus, maybe even Cerberus.

The bosses of Darkmoor would be another.

Instead of having them provide stat modifiers like most other NPC's that tag along, they would provide you with their cheats.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The ancient Celestians seem like they were pretty good people when they were alive. I would befriend their ghosts.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
The Great Beast:

You come rolling in on your miniature mammoth, your friend is riding a narwhal, your mother is riding her crystal unicorn and your uncle is riding his armored gorilla. You've come to defeat me and I wait for your arrival. You arrive at a lake, a dark lake. You wonder where I lie in wait. You search around the nearby trees and see nothing. You all congregate around the lake in wait for me. I'll surely arrive eventually.

*BOOM* you all hear as a giant, 250 ton whale emerges from the water and attempts to swallow you whole. Your uncle dismounts his gorilla and summons a powerful creature known as the Judgement who creates an explosion of balance magic attempting to halt my beautiful whale.

Your friend casts a tempest upon you and your mother as you're washed out of the way of the whale. But your uncle lies waiting to be crushed by the great beast. Your mother quickly summons a guardian spirit to protect him. He quickly recovers from being crushed by the whale but loses his protective spirit.

It's your time! You cast a powerful efreet to halt the whale's attacks! However as he jumps into the air again and attempts to body slam you and crush you, it is weakened by the Efreet's special effect.

The Great Beast does not surrender and from it emerges a powerful death wizard! He then summons a Khrulhu and after 12 long hours of animation, you are all struck by its powerful tentacles. The health you lost is drained back to the death wizard.

"We can't win!" says your uncle.

"We have to though!" you argue back.

"It's not safe!" your mother argues.

"Storm Owl!" your friend shouts as he summons a powerful and giant owl to fight the great beast. The owl zaps its skin as it began to shake.

"We're winning!" you shout excitedly as you began to summon a dose of fire from above to strike the whale and finish it off. The fire comes barreling down.

WRONG! It was another whale and you and your friends are crushed in defeat.

So yes, I choose the Great Beast.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
The doctor who dog {Professor} In Marley bone because he can take you back in time or to a new realm,or to pirates 101 if they make a port to it.with his police box. i would also love be friend with the sharks,vampires and dragons because they are cool and mysterious.